Active Topics

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
As for KhtNotes, is there a command for automatic sync? It would be great if we could initiate a daily sync, i.e. with ProfileMatic.
I'm planning to put an autosync feature ...
Else with profileomatic you can run the following commands:
python /opt/khtnotes/sync.py

The other project i've, just an idea at the moment is to create a Todo.txt app and sync with owncloud. a bit like http://todotxt.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
I'm planning to put an autosync feature ...
Else with profileomatic you can run the following commands:
python /opt/khtnotes/sync.py
Great, I will test that.

Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
The other project i've, just an idea at the moment is to create a Todo.txt app and sync with owncloud. a bit like http://todotxt.com/
Wouldnt that be redundant with the existing OwnCloud Task app?
It works fine with Thunderbird. With the N9 I was only able to sync N9 => OwnCloud, but not the other way.

Did you have a look on my experimental Notes app?
I think I will rename it to "Notes".
Would it make sense for you to move your khtNotes remote folder to Notes?
Then it would be more general and other apps might be compatible as well.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Thanks for this great program. Am I being stupid when I'm thinking that sync with Tomboy (desktop) could be done with latest version?

Hi all
As a complement to khtNotes for the N9, I created a notes app for the OwnCloud.
It works the same way as khtNotes but runs on the OwnCloud Webinterface.
Get it here: http://apps.owncloud.com/content/sho...content=155599

Note:
Currently khtNotes stores its files in the folder khtNotes in the OwnCloud where as my app uses the general folder Notes.
I hope Khertan can addapt this or add an option.
Until then, you can fix this yourself, if you have an open kernel or unlocked Aegis:
Edit the file /opt/khtNotes/sync.py
and replace the line
self._remoteDataFolder = 'khtNotes'
with
self._remoteDataFolder = 'Notes'
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Hi,

The remote folder (the one on onwCloud, KhtNotes on pre 2.19 released) could be changed in 2.19 release, by default it ll be 'Notes' now instead of 'KhtNotes'

Thanks for your owncloud plugin !!!

Originally Posted by shanttu View Post
Thanks for this great program. Am I being stupid when I'm thinking that sync with Tomboy (desktop) could be done with latest version?
Tomboy sync could not be done, Tomboy use a different format based on xml, and a different synchro algo which is a bit strange ...

But if you was an tomboy user, like i was ... you can import your own Tomboy Notes in KhtNotes.

Regards,

Hi Khertan

As you might have seen, I added quite some features to the OwnCloud Notes client. One of them is to have categories to group the notes.
A category is simply representing a subfolder.
Would you be able to implement something similair on the N9 app?
That would, be really cool.

BTW: There is a PC app running on Linux, Windows,... which also can sync those notes: zNotes.
Now we have something really cool and dont need Evernote anymore
and more...

Hello caco3,

Indeed it s something i put on the roadmap when i read the suggestion in one comment on the owncloud plugin page

i've tryed zNote yet, ... i use a special version of KhtNote on my desktop which use QML Desktop Components, but it s far from beeing ready for all user

Working on the next version of the OwnCloud app, I found some issues with the khtNotes app:
It seems that khtNotes ads a new line after every existing line.
I compared it to zNotes under Linux an Windows and also Androids Papyrus. None of them does this corruption of the notes.
Could you have a look on that?
If you test it with my app, its important that you use a version >= 0.5.1 since earlier version fixed that issue automatically (since I thought its my fault). But now I realized that I was wrong.
and more...

hi,

Which version are you using ? i didn't notice such thing in a text editor or owncloud edit apps.

Tags
harmattan, hellgate vortex, notes, owncloud