Active Topics

Lol, and still here. So free to troll around other brand threads or jealous cos not being released in your country.
Quite a number of S2 and Iphone 4 owners in my country ended up buying it after trying. And rather impressed with the UI. Imagine, dual core users liking it.
Iphone 4S, nah, too expensive(comparing prices in my country), data rates will kill too

Last edited by eaglehelang; 2011-10-08 at 13:09.

many people are so impressed by Swipe UI and like the n9 design! at least in singapore where iphone is number 1

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
keep reporting.
Your wish is my command. Soon I will get a petition going.
Start your own anti-n9 thread & make your wonderfully compelling arguments there, why the ip4 (let alone 4s) is vastly superior in every facet
In short... Get out of this thread asswipe...

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-08 at 18:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
$822.59 USD shipped internationally from this site. http://www.mobicity.com.au/nokia-n9-64gb.html

Anyone knows a cheaper source please let us all know. Also found a store in NYC that said he could probably get it. I asked him how much and he said to call him back Tuesday. If I can get a group discount of sorts or the price is better than importing I'll start a post and let everyone know. I would gladly organize a group buy if I could.

Last edited by bsd1101; 2011-10-08 at 14:24.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
More and more I'm thinking about getting an N8 for now. Symbian Belle is intriguing, the camera can be my awesome P&S, and I can have a great multimedia center on the go. Less than 400 on Amazon.
When the N9 drops to a more reasonable price (and hopefully better availability) I'll be all over it.
Unless...

"N9 is Available now on australia websites.

smoothmobiles.com.au
mobicity.com.au "
It seems like this could be the better deal for any US guys. (credit to @anismistry) With the Aussie dollar being near even with the US, you can take that price almost at face value. Somebody else mentioned the ability for those sites to subtract near 10% (I would guess more like 8%) for the GST since Americans don't have it.
Thoughts?

Last edited by cincibluer6; 2011-10-08 at 14:48.

Minus 10% because Oz has GST, then use a conversion tool, Oz dollar is slightly stronger atm.
This thread is for discussing prices of the N9...
To discuss whether you should get the N900 instead of a N9, please start a new thread.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-08 at 15:02.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Minus 10% because Oz has GST, then use a conversion tool, Oz dollar is slightly stronger atm.
This thread is for discussing prices of the N9...
To discuss whether you should get the N900 instead of a N9, please start a new thread.

I'll briefly address your post, but respond to it in your own thread please:

I wouldn't think of the N900 as a substitute to the N9, they're very different in many ways.
"Overall" the N9 is way better hw/sw wise....
It's a shame the N9 didn't adopt some positive characteristics the N900 had though.
Especially the UI layer being way more open...
The whole DRM thing (esp. when it's arguably not needed) is potentially a real thorn too.
Remains to be seen though.... That is all...
Ahhh, ****. Ha, my bad jalyst. I was originally looking for a post (prob in the huge N9 thread) about current N9 prices. I must've found the wrong one and pasted it without reading.

To clarify, I HAVE the N900. haha. I was thinking N8 but if the Aussie places can get the N9 for a decent rate, I'd be in.
The smoothmobiles site has it for 795 (64GB) so that would be roughly 715 assuming parity (it's close enough in any case.)
That's not the worst price I've seen. Not sure what the other .au sites have but I'd almost be willing to pay that and consider it an early adopter fee.

Ah okay gotcha. Just pick your retailer...
Subtract 10%, add shipping, then type "$xxx aud to usd" in google search.
And then you'll have your price.

There's heaps of engines in Oz, I haven't looked around heavily yet.
But this is one of the better price search engines...
http://www.getprice.com.au/Nokia-N9-...bile-Phone.htm
Best retailer price listed there is $745AUD, not sure if they ship OS though.

Remember though if you buy from Oz...
You'll want to have a contact who's happy to act as a intermediary between you & Nok Oz.
As the service centre's unlikely to be happy to send it back to the US for you.
You could always try checking 1st though I suppose.
If you arrange a pre-paid return satchel, & they're feeling helpful, they may oblige.
Also the retailer might be happy to act as the intermediary.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-08 at 15:16.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by cincibluer6 View Post
More and more I'm thinking about getting an N8 for now. Symbian Belle is intriguing, the camera can be my awesome P&S, and I can have a great multimedia center on the go. Less than 400 on Amazon.
When the N9 drops to a more reasonable price (and hopefully better availability) I'll be all over it.
Unless...

"N9 is Available now on australia websites.

smoothmobiles.com.au
mobicity.com.au "
It seems like this could be the better deal for any US guys. (credit to @anismistry) With the Aussie dollar being near even with the US, you can take that price almost at face value. Somebody else mentioned the ability for those sites to subtract near 10% (I would guess more like 8%) for the GST since Americans don't have it.
Thoughts?
I would wait 4 months. NOKIA phone prices drop by 50% after few months. I see no reason for N9 to be different. It is interesting to see what are the preorder numbers for N9. I suspect they made limited quantities, and may ramp it up if demand there. I doubt it will be there due to the deficient ecosystem

@cincibluer6

Don't listen to a thing this guy has to say, he makes up FUD on regular basis as though it's FACT.
Or sometimes FACT intertwined with pure FUD, so as to colour it with a little more legitimacy.
He has a hidden agenda, no fair/balanced thought bubbles will ever come from his direction...

Will update OP soon with all the new facts (where they're relevant/useful)

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-08 at 18:16.

Tags
dupe thread, pls merge