Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I don't believe it either; however without any evidence otherwise, I don't believe how many Nokia N9's have been sold either.
Problem is Nokia didnt release sales figures for n9. But 1 million plus is the figure some sites come up with, gathering from shipments info released. I dont bellieve n9 sold 2 million in total due to limited and restricted release, esp 64GB. If the variant is sold out and they are not making any more of it, how would it sell more?

Lumia 900 selling 1 million?? Nokia & WP that popular in US? If they mean target to be achieved for lumia 900 is 1 million then maybe

Last edited by eaglehelang; 2012-04-27 at 14:58.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
here i am in the states, travelling to LA and amazed how many people have iPhones. And i try to multitask my N9, and its laggy and stuttering and my Nokia drive has constant issues connecting to GPS. And i had none of these problems with iphone. Swipe is nice, but.that is it. It can not compete. Its.pathetic that next maemo itinerarion is not.smoother than n900. N9 is not a saviour. Its a dead end, and sales show it.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
Problem is Nokia didnt release sales figures for n9. But 1 million plus is the figure some sites come up with, gathering from shipments info released. I dont bellieve n9 sold 2 million in total due to limited and restricted release, esp 64GB. If the variant is sold out and they are not making any more of it, how would it sell more?

Lumia 900 selling 1 million?? Nokia & WP that popular in US? If they mran target to be achieved for lumia 900 is 1 million then maybe
Didn't everybody cry foul when SOOOMEONNNNE kept talking about how Nokia was going to severely limit the number of N9's produced? Just saying--I'm experiencing some form of deja-vu, here.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
I'm not getting this "slow and unresponsive" experience you keep saying. My N9 is fluid and smooth even when I multitask many apps.
Same here.

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
here i am in the states, travelling to LA and amazed how many people have iPhones. And i try to multitask my N9, and its laggy and stuttering and my Nokia drive has constant issues connecting to GPS. And i had none of these problems with iphone. Swipe is nice, but.that is it. It can not compete. Its.pathetic that next maemo itinerarion is not.smoother than n900. N9 is not a saviour. Its a dead end, and sales show it.
Though I´m still pretty happy with my N9, I must admit a VAST MAJORITY of people I see on the streets, at the airports, in the clubs or elsewhere here in the EU (SK, CZ, DK, Belgium, AT, London...these are just places I´ve recently been) have iPhones...
It´s simply like that...
the iPhone 4 and 4s are definitely the most frequently seen cell phones around here...

edit: not to forget, though, that my brand new, full warranty N9 cost me some 295 EUR whereas brand new iPhone 4s can be had for some 490 EUR minimum...so you basically can´t even compare the two...

Last edited by jleholeho; 2012-04-27 at 11:06.

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Was about 2 weeks in the states too, using N9 Navigation constantly without any lags and stuttering or any GPS connection problems.
I wouldn't even want to compare iPhone maps service with the one of N9 because I couldn't even use the iOS one in a foreign country (i was for 3 years with iPhones before I switched to N9). Oh yeah forgot to say there isn't even a good navigation software for iOS (next to the expensive TomTom and Garmin stuff).

To all those people here who have those "terrible" lags - idk what y'all did with your phones, but I recommend to use Nokia Care or fully reset your phones.

Maybe you are still on PR 1.0 which, to be honest, had some laggy moments But every new OS needs some time (and Nokia even more)...

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Didn't everybody cry foul when SOOOMEONNNNE kept talking about how Nokia was going to severely limit the number of N9's produced? Just saying--I'm experiencing some form of deja-vu, here.
Yes and don't even get me started on the N950......

To this date I see now reason to change from my N900, I want a hardware keyboard not just a single slab touchscreen. So there's no Nokia out there for me. N9, shiny and all, is still just a single slab without a keyboard.

Once the N900 finally dies somewhere far down the road it'll likely be replaced by a Android device.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by almamo View Post
Was about 2 weeks in the states too, using N9 Navigation constantly without any lags and stuttering or any GPS connection problems.
I wouldn't even want to compare iPhone maps service with the one of N9 because I couldn't even use the iOS one in a foreign country (i was for 3 years with iPhones before I switched to N9). Oh yeah forgot to say there isn't even a good navigation software for iOS (next to the expensive TomTom and Garmin stuff).

To all those people here who have those "terrible" lags - idk what y'all did with your phones, but I recommend to use Nokia Care or fully reset your phones.

Maybe you are still on PR 1.0 which, to be honest, had some laggy moments But every new OS needs some time (and Nokia even more)...
I have been using N9 in USA, on T-Mobile, since I bought it several months ago. I have traveled to several states in USA in the past few months and no issues.

I have dedicated navigation systems (Garmin & TomTom) for my cars. Interestingly, N9 Drive is more accurate than both of those dedicated systems, especially with the new update with street names. GPS on iPhone is not usable, period, unless you pay a ton of money and buy a real navigation app.

I have no issue with GPS lock on my N9.

I do experience lagging on my phone, especially checking IMAP email. I have couple accounts setup. It is still a little better than iPhone 3GS and 4, I owned previously. I have not used iPhone 4S. I can probably fix it by re-flashing, but it has not been a big enough issue for me.

Regarding seeing iPhone everywhere. Yes, you are right. I see iPhone everywhere. I see Toyota Corolla everywhere also. I don't like to drive Corolla because everyone else has it. iPhone is like Corolla, everyone has it. It is too boring.

I don't like to do the same thing that everyone does just because some corporation markets it as the greatest invention and the fan boys start dancing.

I bought my N9 because of my love to openness in software development. I know it is not completely open source, but it is pretty close. I also agree that there is a lot of room for improvement, but N9 is the best one out there and is a great start. If they continue to update it (hopefully), it will become better.

The deal break for me with the n9 was it's VERY finnicky connection with wireless n network. It couldn't hold it at all, very aggressive to disconnect, I couldn't resolve that issue at all. Prettiest phone I ever had (white 64 gb), and most dissappointed in its inconsistency

Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post
Though I´m still pretty happy with my N9, I must admit a VAST MAJORITY of people I see on the streets, at the airports, in the clubs or elsewhere here in the EU (SK, CZ, DK, Belgium, AT, London...these are just places I´ve recently been) have iPhones...
When I drive around I see many, many Hyudai Elantras. That doesn't mean I'm going to trade my 370Z Roadster in for one.

Also, I've had no problems with either GPS or Wifi on my N9 (clean flashed to PR1.2).

Tags
backdoors, buysomethinelse, danrantos, goodbye nokia, lumiadork, lumiaturd, nsa_cia_lumia, seasons in sun