Posts: 95 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
Originally Posted by jsmanrique View Post
Same here!! What is happening?

It seems that we won't have our N900 for Maemo Barcelona Long Weekeng :-(
arrggg, I hope you are wrong!

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
The Chicago Nokia flagship store has just announced that they are selling N900s right away.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gijon
Originally Posted by Pretoriano View Post
arrggg, I hope you are wrong!
I hope it too!!

I've emailed DDP Program, let's see what they say

Enlaces útiles para nuevos miembros en la comunidad Maemo/Useful links for newcomers: Si eres nuevo, preséntate/say hello, Si eres nuevo empieza por aquí/start here, Foro de la Comunidad/Community subforum, Wiki para novatos/Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Preguntas habituales (FAQ)

Buscador personalizado/Google custom search

Tan solo pregunta/just ask!

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Today i checked my bank account and the temporary hold on my account for 371$ was cancelled and the money was credited into my account.
Ditto, reserved funds released. Drink !

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
It's a shame... The Thanksgiving holiday next week in the US is a time when many make up their minds about Christmas gifts and holiday purchases. The day after is called "Black Friday" because all 'ell breaks loose in the retail sector as many folks plan their shopping day starting as early as 3 AM.

My large, extended family gathers together for a turkey feast the day before and it would have been nice if I could show off the N900 at that time...

Oh well, maybe @ Christmas dinner then... when everyone pulls out their new "Droids" and what not.

Nokia must be really serious about this being a "geek only" device.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
The new price of 480 from amazon is really nice. I am confused now. Wait for DDP to respond or go ahead and buy the n900 for 480$ since the retail units will have warranty. The amazon deal is looking better...

Any advise?

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I'll stick to the DDP even if with no warranty. The time it breaks, if ever, it's possible a better tablet device is available, or maybe the price of a regular N900 will be substantially lower. Though I understand how you feel (like me I guess, after all this waiting).

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gijon
No answer from DDP yet... bad, bad way :S

Enlaces útiles para nuevos miembros en la comunidad Maemo/Useful links for newcomers: Si eres nuevo, preséntate/say hello, Si eres nuevo empieza por aquí/start here, Foro de la Comunidad/Community subforum, Wiki para novatos/Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Preguntas habituales (FAQ)

Buscador personalizado/Google custom search

Tan solo pregunta/just ask!

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
The only thing I'm worried about... If it becomes available here with a German keyboard *before* DDP ships, I'd probably get that instead. (One of the reasons I ordered was my assumption I'd be among the first to receive it.) - I hope I can cancel my order then. (German keyboard plus warranty plus having it instead of waiting would be worth the price difference.)

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
So DDP are no longer replying to emails... this is becoming a farce.

It would be really nice if Quim could find out what is going on with deliveries and in particular warranties and let us know, considering we now have no way of communicating with the organisation we have committed €250 to.

With so much frustration being caused by the lack of communication and each of us being left with a potentially unrepairable €250 device after the first week I'm considering jacking it all in and going elsewhere for good, Nokia is not a communicating company and probably never will be which doesn't bode well for maemo.