Poll: Poll: Would you buy a phone running WP7?
Poll Options
Poll: Would you buy a phone running WP7?

Never. RIP Nokia. I'm waiting for Microsoft to buy up Nokia at this point.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
WP7 and Nokia is a big mistake. I hope that forthcoming Meego device will be so big succes that Nokia can stop using Windows.

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
I'm not going to buy one. Not because WP7 is bad or because I hate Microsoft but because I can't support the lunacy of turning Nokia into Microsoft's manufacturing arm. It's not the Nokia I knew anymore and my protest vote is probably going to Apple. I've always thought Android is uninspiring and didn't really want to support Apple's policies either but maybe it'll be OK once you jailbreak the living **** out of it.

It's also going to be my first non-Nokia phone.

Last edited by jsa; 2011-02-11 at 15:00.

No actually i don't like WP7 , i don't know how good it is ... not any idea about it ..

So maybe thats a no for now until maybe it gets interesting .

And i'll stick to Android and Maemo for now .

I rather dig up my trusty old 3310 than use a WP7. At least I'll have Snake.

I'm a video game developper and a geek, now i've got a device like n900 in the end, I wont come to a closed device ( like apple or WP7 ) so i'll wait meego ...

WM7 ? no i won't even looking at this device until they release a sdk which let me using c++ on it
If they do, and if the phone give me as freedom as a n900 would do, i would probably consider using this os ( but how likely it will happen ? )

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Thankfully I have a decent contract on my N900.

I was only playing with a WP7 phone yesterday, and apart from the obvious shortfalls like no copy/paste etc, I really really disliked the interface, and on that basis I'm out

I really hope someone else picks up where Nokia is leaving Meego and releases a Meego phone in the next year or so, otherwise it'll be an Android phone for me.

I ain't an analyst etc, but selling out to Microsoft like this does strike me as insane verging on suicidal for Nokia. I expected as share of the eco system maps/mail/music etc, but Nokia sticking with symbian, and meego, and bringing the UXs on both bang up to date. Nokia are now going to be nothing more than a boutique OEM - they'll be subcontracted to build iphones next

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

I like to dev my own apps, and I have tried and don't like java/android - having had previous experience using Qt - I like the development env on my Nokia N900 and like the way it acts pretty much the same as most linux boxes, but happens to fit in my pocket. I don't care for a smart phone 1 bit, that's not why i bought it.

I'll keep my n900 untill something similar (in terms of open OS and nice SDK and free from proprietary ties) comes along and if it doesn't, well thats sad.

The problem i saw with Maemo from an average consumers point of view is that they all seem to think more apps means a better device. I have no interest in 99% of the stupid apps (a huge percentage are not even an "app"!) tat say iPhone has available.

So way to go Elop, switch from one platform with few consumer sugar on top apps, to another with few. Oh - and judging by all the dependencies on proprietary systems and plane missing features of WP7, its worse not better than Maemo.

What a Flop.

That said, Hopefully Nokia will continue the nxx0 line of devices just as it has done for several years - it never has been their main product - probably never will be, but as long as they keep coming i'm happy. Integrating the phone feature into the nxx0 line of device s was the point that finally made me want one.

If you look back over the past few years and forget any ambitious plans - WP7 isn't really replacing Maemo/Meego - its merely replacing Symbian, something else I have no care for.

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Baltimore, USA
the WP7 phone UI is useless, its made for a preschooler..
woohoo my phones a big infographic?!

Is this question for real?

I know that a poll to see the opinion of the people but seriously?

Short answer: NO.

Grettings.