Notices

I've been using skype chat on my N900 a lot recently and I noticed some odd behavior.

At some point the following will happen:
  • Title of the chat window (as well as the entry in Conversations) will change from "IM - NameOfContact" to just "IM - "
  • Messages coming in from that contact show up in the chat window, but they are no longer saved in the chat history. That is, as long as I keep the window open they are visible, but once I close it the last messages are gone.
  • The next incoming message (from the remote contact or from myself sending from another skype instance on a different machine) will restore correct behavior

I haven't found a way to reproduce this, but it happens approximately every other day and is quite annoying.

I have checked the sqlite database. The messages are not stored there at all.

Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone happen to know what the problem might be or even has an idea how to fix this? I'm trying to move away from skype for chatting, but it's not always easy to convince everyone...

f

The Following User Says Thank You to foobar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Russia
Saw this bugs too, just disabled skype, for chat it is too buggy.
1st one I sometimes repaired by sqlite3.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
This can happen with the sqlite database when it starts to get over-full. Your best bet is to remove non-important messages (sms, skype, etc) or archive them with a util like glogger and then dump|rebuild the database to build a new version. Do a forum search on "sqlite dump" for hits to one of dozens of threads on this topic.