Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
I cant confirm but I am almost certain you can use it as a WIFI only tablet.
You're missing his point. Simply "not using cellular radio" is not the same as "wifi-only". The cost, for one, is still a factor.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Did Sansung put in the cellular radio only to satisfy the conditions for Android market - in that it has to be a smartphone ? That would suck since I still dont see the point of having a cell radio with voice calls on such a big device - BT headsets or not. After all who would want to take out a 7" device from the bag to make calls or to end a call. I though the Dell Streak was over the line , but this beats it.

Hope there is a wifi only option down the line sometime.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
Did Sansung put in the cellular radio only to satisfy the conditions for Android market - in that it has to be a smartphone ? That would suck since I still dont see the point of having a cell radio with voice calls on such a big device - BT headsets or not. After all who would want to take out a 7" device from the bag to make calls or to end a call. I though the Dell Streak was over the line , but this beats it.

Hope there is a wifi only option down the line sometime.
What are you blathering about? If you're using a Bluetooth headset, you can make calls and hang up just fine. Have you ever actually used Bluetooth headsets or earphones before? :P

Despite your otherwise misinformed blatherskite, I agree that I would have liked it if they made a wifi-only device as well.

Looks nice, the the prices i'm seeing are way to much, for that i'd rather get the archos 70 and wait for a market hack.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bxbomber For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
What are you blathering about? If you're using a Bluetooth headset, you can make calls and hang up just fine. Have you ever actually used Bluetooth headsets or earphones before? :P

Despite your otherwise misinformed blatherskite, I agree that I would have liked it if they made a wifi-only device as well.
Blathering ? You call people's opinion blathering ? Thats nice coming from you - who never owned a N900 and kept critiquing a device which you don't even own. I don't recall anyone calling your criticism as blathering. Just because you are a recent Android convert doesnt mean you have to get all fanboyish on me the moment I give my opinions on the uselessness of a phone on a 7" tablet.

And yes I have used a BT headset and have that much sense that you can initiate and end a call (you didnt have to read it literally as if I meant only for initiation and ending calls) but for many functions you have to take out the tablet - like to mute or switch a call or conference other people. Anyways its not the technicalities that matter, its the convenience (or rather the inconvenience of a 7" phone) that matters to ME.

Last edited by nilchak; 2010-09-03 at 00:04.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Seems a bit expensive, hmmmm...
A bit expensive? I would put it differently.

It seems totally INSANE. Certainly It's out of my league.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
Did Sansung put in the cellular radio only to satisfy the conditions for Android market - in that it has to be a smartphone ?
That is no longer a issue with android 2.1 or later.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Something tells me this is going to be priced like a smartphone. Not super expensive, but not cheap either. I'm hoping for $499 unlocked, but this may be wishful thinking.

Still, if it's not TOO crazy, I'm going to bite. It literally does everything I want it to do.

with the insane price of these devices, i'll prob get the archos 7 inch tablet that they just announed.

For home use don't need gps, or gsm radio.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Yeah, I'm right there with you. Archos is priced really, really nice, and the hardware is very capable! The 70 runs games like a dream!

I personally need the radio (basically so that it can double as a phone for me), so this is looking like the only option thus far that can satisfy my wants, my desires. Ok, that was creepy.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy