I had the same problem yesterday!! Why everybody at the same time ?
I lost hours... because I dont have quick voice input installed!

This morning i noticed that I have Quick voice installed, so I unistalled Quick Voice rebooted the phone and the keyboard was there again

Originally Posted by enki71 View Post
I had the same problem yesterday!! Why everybody at the same time ?
I lost hours... because I dont have quick voice input installed!

This morning i noticed that I have Quick voice installed, so I unistalled Quick Voice rebooted the phone and the keyboard was there again
QVIK got a recent update which added the ability to switch input languages directly from Mail or Messages or wherever you were typing instead of having to launch QVIK each time you wanted to input voice.

Sadly, this possibility (which the author previously considered difficult or impossible) introduced a bug. Bummer, it was an outstanding addition. I hope Patrizio can fix it. : (

===================
Update after receiving a response from the developer:

He has already submitted a fix to Nokia and it's up to them to put it in the store. He apologizes to everyone for the inconvenience.

Last edited by N9WB; 2013-02-11 at 23:50. Reason: UPDATE

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Novosibirsk, Russia
Very sad thing: looks like I encountered the same issue, but with security code ON. Now downloading firmware for reflash: no keyboard to enter security code.

Originally Posted by Loginin View Post
Very sad thing: looks like I encountered the same issue, but with security code ON. Now downloading firmware for reflash: no keyboard to enter security code.
You can remove the security code using nss I think.

In my case I had Voice Input installed.
I don't know if it is the same as Quick Voice, but uninstalling that did bring me back the keyboards.

hth
G

Hi all,

first of all I want to say sorry to those who have had problems because of QVIK.
An upgrade of the software is available on the Nokia store, it fixes the "disappearing keyboards" issue. The problem was caused by a bug in QVIK that made the Harmattan's input plugin handler crash without any message and without any chance to recover. I'm investigating to find a way to handle plugin crashes so to avoid to block the whole user input when they happen.

You can download the fixed QVIK from the usual location: http://store.ovi.com/content/244542

For any support request, contact me at desertconsulting (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Kind regards,
Patrizio Bruno

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to desertconsulting For This Useful Post:
desertconsulting, Patrizio Bruno...
Thank you. Just came back to this post to warn that the update was already available in the store.

The Following User Says Thank You to kainerious For This Useful Post:
Posts: 280 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Banyuwangi, Indonesia
If anyone occuring this and not related to QVIK, try to restore your backup, it did for me after screwing around with my keyboard theme.

Originally Posted by Nad View Post
You can remove the security code using nss I think.
Hi!
What is nss? Got the same problem with my N9, no keyboards to enter the security code.
Thanks

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I still have this problem with the newest quick voice input.

Any 'manual' fix possible to get it working?
I know removing qvik would solve it, but I do want to use the qvik too...

Tags
keyboard