what is winscp and where to get it and install it from to the pc?
open wifi on both devices?
ssh client & sever app?

Please explain in simpler terms!

Originally Posted by DaKing View Post
u must have winscp installed in ur pc and ssh client & server app on the n900 from extras u log in opening wi-fi from both devices and login on the winscp as a root and u go there to urs/share/themes/xxx/gtk-2.0/gtkrc then open the gtkrc file double click it and find the ######################
#
# Logical color definitions
#
######################
under it ull find the color sections u change the formats use this site to get the colors u want http://www.eligr.com/images/colors.gif

Originally Posted by DaKing View Post
u must have winscp installed in ur pc and ssh client & server app on the n900 from extras u log in opening wi-fi from both devices and login on the winscp as a root and u go there to urs/share/themes/xxx/gtk-2.0/gtkrc then open the gtkrc file double click it and find the ######################
#
# Logical color definitions
#
######################
under it ull find the color sections u change the formats use this site to get the colors u want http://www.eligr.com/images/colors.gif
Thanks. I agree with Kamishly, if you can simplify this for non-programmers and people new to linux that would be great.

I installed on the N900 the SSH Client and Server App, and I installed on my PC the WinSCP.
* I can't find the SSH client in my N900 applications menu. Where is it? How do I open it?
* I opened WinSCP and it opens to the login window and asks for Host name, User name, Password, Private key file. Where do I find the host name, and I never set up a User name or password for WinSCP so why is it asking me for it?

Last edited by JCH; 2010-03-11 at 05:16.

it would probably be easier to do this on the device itself

go to here: http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/leafpad/
in the phone browser (or google for leafpad)
and instlal leafpad

open up xterminal on the n900 from the menu

type cd /usr/share/themes and press return
type ls and press return

you can now see a list of folders whose names relate to the themes on your device. suppose you are using the "alpha" theme (the water splash background)

type cd alpha/gtk-2.0

type leafpad gtkrc

edit the file as per instruction here

NOTE: when youre in xterminal, pressing TAB (on the screen bottom) will perform name completion for you so you dont have to type full names when CDing.. if there is more than one match for what you typed, TAB will fill in as much as it can. if you press TAB again, it will show you the choices so you know there is ambiguity. type more characters before pressing TAB again

The Following User Says Thank You to cjard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by cjard View Post
it would probably be easier to do this on the device itself

go to here: http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/leafpad/
in the phone browser (or google for leafpad)
and instlal leafpad

open up xterminal on the n900 from the menu

type cd /usr/share/themes and press return
type ls and press return

you can now see a list of folders whose names relate to the themes on your device. suppose you are using the "alpha" theme (the water splash background)

type cd alpha/gtk-2.0

type leafpad gtkrc

edit the file as per instruction here

NOTE: when youre in xterminal, pressing TAB (on the screen bottom) will perform name completion for you so you dont have to type full names when CDing.. if there is more than one match for what you typed, TAB will fill in as much as it can. if you press TAB again, it will show you the choices so you know there is ambiguity. type more characters before pressing TAB again
Hello, thank you for the info above, it is very useful. However, when I tried to save the edited gtkrc file there is an error message that says "can't open file to write". I am not currently using the theme I am editing. Please help, thanks

How do you get write permissions for the file? It wont save my change?

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ India
Hi, Do anyone know how to change gtk background color to be transparent? Thanks