Notices

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Miika View Post
The biggest issue is that before we provide any officially supported way for playing user created content you will need to overwrite our levels with modified files. As far as I know two packages can't contain same file so that would create a conflict, preventing the latter package from being installed altogether. I fully support you making custom levels and sharing them but I can't really give my approval for making a package that installs in /opt/rovio/ hierarchy breaking our own level packs.
Maybe someone could create a little launcher app that would ask the user whether they wanted to play the original levels or custom levels. If custom is chosen, it temporarily overwrites the levels in /opt/rovio/, launches the game, then when the game quits it puts everything back as it was originally.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Many Thanks guys, I'd missed that but now all sorted and enjoying teh new levels, I'll try and build some if I get time!

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Maybe someone could create a little launcher app that would ask the user whether they wanted to play the original levels or custom levels. If custom is chosen, it temporarily overwrites the levels in /opt/rovio/, launches the game, then when the game quits it puts everything back as it was originally.
That's a great idea.
Would make switching between levels much faster.
Although at the moment, I very rarely find myself playing angrybirds WITHOUT having x-term open.

Also would anyone be interested in creating a basic webpage for custom levels so people can record scores?
I'll try and see if I can create an editable page with screen shots on my website, but might be nice to have a dedicated Angry birds website for this?
Any ideas?

My Blog

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Is 1.4e+6 to high a high score, as that what i just score on one of my custom levels(in work)

opps

lol that is pretty high, but makes me very interested in playing this new level of yours :-) Is it finished yet?

My Blog

Originally Posted by stobbsc View Post
lol that is pretty high, but makes me very interested in playing this new level of yours :-) Is it finished yet?
Its been longest in development, as like all my levels its got a little bit of sillyness. that i just cant get right

but ive also been learnign lua. so i now have a catapult and bird object that i can move the whole lot by just changing the 1 x.y co-ord

ooh thanks very good :-) Glad you learning more about the editing.

Really looking forward to more levels, sorry that I haven't done anymore but I been really busy the last few days.

I also haven't managed to work out a way for people to submit high scores yet, but will keep thinking about that. We might have to have that you do it by submitting a screen shot as proof or something not sure yet.

My Blog

Originally Posted by stobbsc View Post
ooh thanks very good :-) Glad you learning more about the editing.

Really looking forward to more levels, sorry that I haven't done anymore but I been really busy the last few days.

I also haven't managed to work out a way for people to submit high scores yet, but will keep thinking about that. We might have to have that you do it by submitting a screen shot as proof or something not sure yet.

my next one will be worth looking at to steal some of the coding bits.

Yeah i hope a few more people try making one, and roll onthe editor. ive got soem stuff for that todo thisweekend

but as only about 25 people are downloading the extra levels, there not as many people playing it as i thought

as for high scores. its easy for me to fake any score :-)
so trust it would have to be

One reason why they aren't may be due to this thread being in Games. I rarely ventured in here and only found it when googling for extra levels. it may be worth a post in teh standard N900 forum to point people here or even an "Idiots guide to adding our custom levels to Angry Birds" type post

have we got a tar file of all custom levels yet or shall I try and do it tonight?

Can someone make a wiki page? or a little tutorial how to install these extra level ? thank you. I got lost after reading all the page xD

The Following User Says Thank You to bullion87 For This Useful Post:

Tags
angry birds, level editor