Active Topics

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
After my initial disgust when the N9 was officially released i've stayed off here for the last few months.

Generally just gotten on with life and not worried about any of this smartphone nonsense.. but.. the bug has bitten again and i'm curious as to whether anyone knows any more about the supposed firmware update that was promised for 2011?

I don't even have an N900 any more.. i've been using my old trusty 6310i

But there's one for sale for €150 which i'm seriously considering. Even if i wanted the N9, which i'm not sure about.. it's not being sold in my country.. at least not with any of the carriers.. it's a bizaare decision.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
We have CSSU now. I know nothing of a PR1.4 promise. Everything I've read indicated PR1.3 was the last official one.

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
There was never any mention of a PR1.4 out side of people asking for it.

CCSU is waaaaay better then anything Nokia would've released.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Yes sorry Dude. The community has taken over development now. Do you feel like you're outside and can't get into the party? :-)

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
maemo is dead according to nokia.. Meego is following it.. no more updates from the nokia's side for sure

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by br1zer View Post
Yes sorry Dude. The community has taken over development now. Do you feel like you're outside and can't get into the party? :-)
A little bit haha, so in short.. give me a quick summary of this CSSU you speak of.. and what does it do that PR 1.3 doesn't?

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by Faustino View Post
A little bit haha, so in short.. give me a quick summary of this CSSU you speak of.. and what does it do that PR 1.3 doesn't?

http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU

You can get the N9 from expansys.ie (well can pre-order it) and it is always handy having family in uk or NI for any UK releases.

EDIT:
fixed wrong link

Last edited by smegheadz; 2011-09-21 at 21:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Faustino View Post
There's a whole thread dedicated to it in the same section as this one...which I appreciate will be difficult to follow if you've been out of the loop..but essentially Portrait Mode, smoother transitions and altogether more intuitive and less clunky than PR1.3

Also many more apps written in QT that work extremely well

You're welcome back :-)