Active Topics

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Berkeley, CA
Driver installation fails when pairing N900 with a PC running Win 7.

Driver installation details show a “BT remote control" gets installed followed by 3 different "peripheral BT device" searches that fail.

Cannot connect to PC. Do others have the same issue? Any work being done on this?

Last edited by asasan; 2009-12-07 at 04:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to asasan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Did you try using Nokia's PC Suite instead?

I am facing the same issue. Nokia PC Suite leads you back into the system's standard pairing through W7. Any idea? It is ridiculous. Exchange server utility for Gmail doesnt work too. I hate cables! I do not want to use them every day for synchro...

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Berkeley, CA
It is not clear if Nokia or Microsoft is expected to act on this.

BT drivers don't tend to be at the level of complexity that requires months of work.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Denmark
I'm having this bug too, and with the added bonus that trying to get the Bluetooth connection working, completely budged my PC Suite installation, and it wouldn't recognize the N900 even with a USB cable.

It's too bad, that Nokia sucks this much with regards to providing functioning synchronization software..

I have a similar problem ever since I upgraded PC-Suite to ver. 7.1.40.1 - prior to upgrade PC-Suite functioned normally (in it's partial manner).

I'm using Windows 7 PRO x64 with Data Cable CA-101.

I can no longer connect my phone to the PC in PC-Suite-MODE (it still connects in Mass-Storage-MODE).
When plugging the cable I get the following message (by the OS):
"Device driver software was not successfully installed".

Clicking the error baloon brings up a list of 5 drivers:
- Nokia N900 USB Phone Parent (Ready to use)
- Generic Phone (No Driver Found)
- PC Suite Services (No Driver Found)
- SYNCML-SYNC (No Driver Found)
- Nokia N900 USB Modem (Ready to use)

In Device Manager (Windows) the three "No Driver Found" devices are shown with an exclamation mark.

Attempt to locate and install driver software manually (pointing to PC-Suite's location on hard-drive) gives the following message:
"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it."
(Nokia N900 USB OBEX/Nokia N900 USB Generic)

I've attempted to uninstall all NOKIA software and ran the PC Suite CLEANER. However, sub-sequent re-install (including older versions) didn't help.
All installations were also attempted in XP-SP2 compatibility mode and Run as Administrator was checked.

Interesting to note that the phone still connects to my Laptop after a similar upgrade. The Laptop is running XP-SP2!
So it certainly looks possible that this is a Windows7 drivers issue but in my case only with the new PC-Suite.

I see that you've stumbled upon this problem quite some time ago, Have anyone found a solution to this issue?

Last edited by Volcane; 2010-01-08 at 01:14.

hey guys I have lots of past experience dealing with bluetooth stuff and just recently started to heavily test some N900 programs that use bluetooth.

microsoft/broadcom bluetooth stack sucks for advanced compatability its really only good for super simple stuff.

Find a external bluetooth adapter that uses the toshiba stack or best yet bleusoleil for much better compatability.

Bluesoleil also works with many many other bluetooth devices even if its not the default stack. All of my laptops have used broadcom stuff stock but bluesoleil worked with them all.

Visit there site and download the trial to see if it works for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to ViciousXUSMC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
I have these same issues. I can send a file form the PC to the Phone but not the other way around. I also can sync with outlook thru PC Suite. But get the install errors.

i have the same problem - no driver for Bluetooth on win7. anyone solved that problem?

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
I can confirm that it works on windows 7 with windows virtual pc (basically a mini windows xp for windows 7) works just like a regular windows xp when you put it in full screen mode. Its free, about a 500mb download. I installed ovi suite on that, and my bluetooth adapter, and now it works perfect

Tags
bill gates gave me herpes, windows sucks