Active Topics

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
No reason for me to get this phone. Little support on US carriers. Hope development continues and can be used on Jolla tablet as I'm pretty happy to enjoy the fruits of your labor on that. Seriously. The efforts of those that have developed for this device is appreciated.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
finish that fairphone port...Sure, fairphone is not 179€ but still, I'm sure that with proper sailfish on it, they could sold 2k of them. Maybe not in 2x4 hours period but still.....
Amen! The core is almost there already, just needs a bit of polish. I expect AD is the challenging part.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
Jolla c is CE certified, I asked to Jolla's community manager.
Otherwise I wouldn't have bought one. Dont know the sar value,though, but at least is under EU law
Perfect!
I think it was me spreadig the rumor here based on what intex stated earlier to @sifartech
Europeans, please note that Intex Aquafish is NOT CE certified - I queried Intex about this and they have confirmed that their devices don't have this certification. Worst case, this could mean that customs can confiscate this device and decline its import to your country (this is supposed to be quite rare according to the comments and discussions below - use your own judgement).
Still, CE only for the >2000 Community devices seems a little awkward?!
Are we testing for a possible grand release or is CE that cheep to acquire these days?

The Following User Says Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Amen! The core is almost there already, just needs a bit of polish. I expect AD is the challenging part.
I will completely ignore this Jolla C if SFOS FP2 is available. Just please don't set a time to grab it. I want at least 2 or 3...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Fairphone is a different phone with different price and different aim. What sucks is that there are every time a lot of hyped announcements that aren't followed by materialized results. Fairphone is just an example,as well as Turing and intex apparently. Most of all the times it is not (only) jolla's fault, but it is annoying the same.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
Fairphone is a different phone with different price and different aim. What sucks is that there are every time a lot of hyped announcements that aren't followed by materialized results. Fairphone is just an example,as well as Turing and intex apparently. Most of all the times it is not (only) jolla's fault, but it is annoying the same.
They're all affected by "soon" magic aren't they?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
They're all affected by "soon" magic aren't they?
They all affected by "soon" magic but if you check https://translate.sailfishos.org/ you can find dedicated files for Turing and Intex. So I think this two phones are around the corner.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Still, CE only for the >2000 Community devices seems a little awkward?!
Are we testing for a possible grand release or is CE that cheep to acquire these days?
I am not an expert in this field, so someone correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know the CE marking can be self assigned by the manfufacturer (at least for non-risky products). I guess Intex can simply check wether regulations are met and follow the process of self-certification --> Not a lot of money needed.

Also I assume that most regulations regarding mobile phones are covered by international standards (radio bands, signal strength,..) and many others by the OS (e.g. volume limit). In my eyes Intex should have too many problems to certify the Jolla C.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LameDuck For This Useful Post:
Artificial scarcity sure seems to be working out well. 'Soon' became 'some'.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LameDuck View Post
I am not an expert in this field, so someone correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know the CE marking can be self assigned by the manfufacturer (at least for non-risky products). I guess Intex can simply check wether regulations are met and follow the process of self-certification --> Not a lot of money needed.

Also I assume that most regulations regarding mobile phones are covered by international standards (radio bands, signal strength,..) and many others by the OS (e.g. volume limit). In my eyes Intex should have too many problems to certify the Jolla C.
Mobile phone is dangerous one. Electronic, dealing with electromagnetic waves, can explode...i dont think is simple as making a certificate for a pen. And you have to test SAR under different condition. Honestly i dont think is that easy.

The Following User Says Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os