Notices

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
so i just activated the devel-catalog for fun to see what apps i can expect to come to extras anytime soon and saw that the update-menu of the app-manager suddenly showed my 15 updates available, including updates to apps like hermes, pidgin and touchsearch.

will all these updates be promoted to extras sometime or will they stay in devel?
as the detail-tab of each programm or update doesnt tell you any date (which btw i really hate) i dont know how long they have been in devel already.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
I also got about 10 updates pushed the last hour. So it seems a lot of programs were stuck in the autobuilder queue (again). And I always have extras-devel enabled ...

I would love to have in every update at least a oneliner or an clickable URL to go to a -real- changelog. Now we're just blindly installing ...

The Following User Says Thank You to Netweaver For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
You can use the packages interface here to check on when packages were updated and see the changelog entries.

As for whether/when they get promoted - that's up to the developer. It may be that there's major changes, or that they're waiting for a version to get out of -testing first. Some may also have Qt4.6 dependencies, in which case there's not much point pushing them to -testing yet.

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by msa View Post
will all these updates be promoted to extras sometime or will they stay in devel?
It's really up to the developer, but I'd suppose they'll promote their updates to testing when they're ready. Remember that many developers work on their projects in their spare time only, and that might not be plenty. So unless (or even if) you want to help them with their software, some patience is necessary.

Originally Posted by msa View Post
i dont know how long they have been in devel already.
You can browse around maemo.org/packages, the dates are available there.

Edit: looks like some people type faster than I do

The Following User Says Thank You to juise- For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
hm ok, thank you guys!
i just wasnt sure if i'm missing any updates or so because i HAVE to download them from devel instead of waiting until they get promoted.