Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Both sims at the same time?
As I have mentioned before, not possible without dual radios. N900 cannot have dual GSM network connections online at simultaneously.

Originally Posted by colchaodemola View Post
Any other store that ssells 26th ? i bought 2 months ago http://www.eurodualsim.com/ and never got it ... i send email every week and never get a answer ... i do not recommend it ...
Ya, they never answer emails. I was about to cancel the PayPal transaction, but waited the usual 21 days before snail mail arrives before complaining. And it did arrive in a simple envelope

Originally Posted by woody_khan12@hotmail.co.u View Post
hi nashith, just wanted to ask you. you know the ghost sim are you having any problems with it. im thinking about buying it but I want to
1. make sure it fits in the n900 sim cradle.
2. Do you need to configure anything or does it require another phone
3. And i have a t-mobile contract sim which uses internet so will it still work.
4. Last but not least one of the sims is bigger than the other so should i worry

i know it a lot of question but if you could get back to me id appreacite it

many thanks
Hi,

1. I have both 3G SIMS, fits nicely, needed some work to trim the edges for a perfect fit.
2. Needed an old phone (Nokia in this case) to access the SIM toolkit menu to configure the 007 mode so that you can switch SIMs easily via the N900's phone dialpad (001 dial+hangup for SIM #1, 002 dial+hangup for SIM #2)
3. I have no experience with T-Mobile SIMs, but technically it should work. No harm in trying since I believe this unit simply control the signal lines of the SIM. You should try it out and post your results.
4. As for the different sizes, mine was different size too. But the cut template was large enough to give good access to all the pin contacts to the minute microchip in the center of the SIM chip, shouldn't be a problem.

Originally Posted by nashith View Post
Ya, they never answer emails. I was about to cancel the PayPal transaction, but waited the usual 21 days before snail mail arrives before complaining. And it did arrive in a simple envelope
Which of the three models there you got and how does it work with N900?

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Which of the three models there you got and how does it work with N900?
Magic Sim 26th Cut version. It's simply switches between the two SIMs. Your phone will go offline before each switch and only one SIM will be active at any given time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nashith For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by activemind View Post
So I went ahead and ordered a DuoSIM D2 from http://www.duosim.com/
My primary SIM is ATT with no data. I plan to get a TMO data only sim and use it as my second SIM. Will come back and update how it goes!
active, please keep us updated, as i am tired of the lack of 3g band for ATT. but I'm stuck on their contract for another year. for tmobile sim, are you going to add the $4.99 internet plan? either way, thread subscribed

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
I was looking for a similar solution before and then I forgot totally about it. Now that so many people are actively participating in this, I assume, things are working fine on our N900.

Anyone from India who is using this dual-sim solution on their N900? And where did you make the purchase and for how much?

Based on your input/suggestion, I might go for it. Thanks in advance,

So I went ahead and ordered a DuoSIM D2 from http://www.duosim.com/
My primary SIM is ATT with no data. I plan to get a TMO data only sim and use it as my second SIM. Will come back and update how it goes!
It showed up today. I will try it with a second ATT sim and see if I can make this fit/work. If it does, I will go ahead and order TMO sim.
Stay tuned!

It showed up today. I will try it with a second ATT sim and see if I can make this fit/work. If it does, I will go ahead and order TMO sim.
Stay tuned!
Tried it in my E63 and it works fine. I can switch between the two with the special Menu Icon that shows up and interestingly both the sims had 3G symbol on. Tried calling each one of them through my landline, and it works.
Next put it in my n900. Sim 1 comes up fine and I can make and receive calls, but I cannot switch to SIM 2.
tried 2, Talk - > Requesting - Invalid
tried 002, Talk - It tries to dial that number and the dial fails.

So how do I switch ?

Originally Posted by nashith View Post
Hi,

1. I have both 3G SIMS, fits nicely, needed some work to trim the edges for a perfect fit.
2. Needed an old phone (Nokia in this case) to access the SIM toolkit menu to configure the 007 mode so that you can switch SIMs easily via the N900's phone dialpad (001 dial+hangup for SIM #1, 002 dial+hangup for SIM #2)
3. I have no experience with T-Mobile SIMs, but technically it should work. No harm in trying since I believe this unit simply control the signal lines of the SIM. You should try it out and post your results.
4. As for the different sizes, mine was different size too. But the cut template was large enough to give good access to all the pin contacts to the minute microchip in the center of the SIM chip, shouldn't be a problem.

got mine today after 2 months !
now i have a few doubts too, not really related to n900...

nashith, what happened tp the original STK from the two SIMCARDS ? Do they still appear or are completed overriden by the magicsim STK in a phone which supports STK ?
i can not test right now...