Active Topics

Closed Thread
I know that there are some solution in together and a post in talk.maemo but......
When we will have an update or a program that just make the SD card "read-ble" for Android apps???
All andorid apps sees SD empty!!!

I miss exfat support by Jolla.
There's a thread here that's discussing exfat support and finding ways to implement this, but I'd rather see Jolla support it, because the topic about exfat looks more like debating Microsoft/patents than is about supporting exfat.

If there's patents/licenses, just ask Microsoft. I think the intention of ex-fat is not being closed source...

Splitting posts, because this is a new idea/concern:
I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but where's my sd-card when I attach the phone to the pc? I'm able to read the internal memory and there's a way to make a symlink to the sd-card, but that's a workaround...not a solution.

Talking about symlinks:
Will it be able to make a symlink in the android storage, pointing to the sd-card? I really want to move my Sygic-folder (can get lots of GB's big) to my sd-card.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by robnas View Post
Splitting posts, because this is a new idea/concern:
I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but where's my sd-card when I attach the phone to the pc? I'm able to read the internal memory and there's a way to make a symlink to the sd-card, but that's a workaround...not a solution.

Talking about symlinks:
Will it be able to make a symlink in the android storage, pointing to the sd-card? I really want to move my Sygic-folder (can get lots of GB's big) to my sd-card.
This might be helpful for you

skype android app fails to make call on jolla!

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
What do you mean it's a workaround, not a solution?
Your SD card is where you mount it, you can well choose to put it whereever you want to.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
What do you mean it's a workaround, not a solution?
Your SD card is where you mount it, you can well choose to put it whereever you want to.
I mean there's no native support for seeing the sdcard on the pc. If there would even be to made the sdcard available as mass storage, you'd even can do more, such as using it as usb media device in car, or possibilities on pc such as formatting and errorchecking.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I mean there's no native support for seeing the sdcard on the pc. If there would even be to made the sdcard available as mass storage, you'd even can do more, such as using it as usb media device in car, or possibilities on pc such as formatting and errorchecking.
Well, I kind of see your point here, maybe it would be useful for some people, for some solutions.

I actually prefer it the way it is, as there are plenty of problems/shortcomings in exporting memory card out via USB as mass storage;

If you want to export it as raw device, so that embedded applications like Car Audio Systems could access it or an external computer could do diagnostics&formatting, then you would need to have it unmounted from the internal filesystem when doing that.
That would require a state managing daemon for making sure there are no applications like camera, music player, whatever, ... accessing it when user wants to export it. That is a kludge IMHO.

not sure if anyone has mentioned this or has found a way around this but... i cant find a forced sync option

as in.. calender, theres no option for me to sync manually

this makes me sad

The Following User Says Thank You to toki For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
This thread's redundant now, can it plz be locked, & a final post link to this as it's replacement:

https://together.jolla.com/questions/
http://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52
http://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=56

Thank-you.
Please follow the links above

The Following User Says Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
jolla, nokia-again?, not-so-open, totally closed, zipper is open