Active Topics

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
pan-daemon expects the signal com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd com.nokia.icd.status_changed string:"DUMMY" string:"DUMMY" string:"DISCONNECTING" string:""
I have tried sending the signal by hand but it 's ignored because it doesn't come from the expected service.
icd2 doesn't send that signal when instructed to disconnect with a dbus method call, that's why the problem happens, but I have observed that the signal with string:"IDLE" (instead of "DISCONNECTING") is always sent.
So, I think the best fix is to change pan-daemon so it calls the script when receives the "IDLE" signal.
Uploaded maemo-pan_1.0.3 to extras-devel. Fixes disconnection from ASUI.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Telescope already is.
I know. Quickswitch is the actual funcionality I want while driving, but with my set up it wouldn't work bound to a key, unless it's the home button which Telescope already uses.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Originally Posted by Johnnie Price View Post
If Quickswitch could be bound to a statusbar applet, I would be very happy.
I would rather have a statusbar applet that let's you change different Xbindkey profiles.

I think that would be the best way of doing this.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I would rather have a statusbar applet that let's you change different Xbindkey profiles.

I think that would be the best way of doing this.
I guess we need to learn to code and start creating these things then.

But we're getting off topic.

The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnie Price For This Useful Post:
Anyone know how to configure matchbox the way maemo uses it? The configuration below produces a binary 27k smaller. If I can get this to produce the same binary then I can add titlebar swiping support to switch windows or minimize.

http://repository.maemo.org/pool/dia...indow-manager/

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-standalone --enable-ping-protocol --disable-session --disable-xrm --disable-composite --disable-gconf --disable-startup-notification --disable-expat --disable-debug

EDIT: --enable-standalone shouldn't have been used and gets it within 4k.

Last edited by auouymous; 2011-09-27 at 00:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Anyone know how to configure matchbox the way maemo uses it?
Look at debian/rules (--enable-alt-input-wins --disable-xrm --enable-xsync --enable-frameanimation).

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
yep, the 1.0.3 change fixes maemo-pan for ASUI.

Another spontaneous reboot earlier today. It actually rebooted twice so the logs from just before were rotated out of existence, but in both the ones I had left the boot reason was 32wd_to this time.

I don't know if it's significant, but at the time I was logged in via ssh and running BMEFree.py (testing power drain when using a particular AP). The tablet was otherwise idle and the screen off and locked. The battery level was ~90%.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Another spontaneous reboot earlier today. It actually rebooted twice so the logs from just before were rotated out of existence, but in both the ones I had left the boot reason was 32wd_to this time.

I don't know if it's significant, but at the time I was logged in via ssh and running BMEFree.py (testing power drain when using a particular AP). The tablet was otherwise idle and the screen off and locked. The battery level was ~90%.
I had many reboots when playing with bmefree.py.
I think it is possible that two bme requests, one from bmefree and another from ASUI, can coincide in time and trigger a reboot.
I also had a strange event today. My N810 switched off itself after sounding the alarm, but it looks more like one of those hardware issues it has from time to time. Uptime was 7 days.
Anyway, I have discovered that the fuse module doesn't load. It seems I built the -3 kernel and fuse module with DEBUG_PREEMPT but somehow managed to save .config without it. I have just uploaded a new zImage with DEBUG_PREEMPT so fuse works.

Last edited by maacruz; 2011-09-28 at 20:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Do anybody have the kernel modules need for pptp VPN?
ppp_mppe.ko and others. I mean for turbo kernel.

Tags
chinook, diablo, new life, os2008