Here's the link showing the scramble display and when it works fine in dial menu - http://youtu.be/CwVvVezevn0

Last edited by kartman13; 2015-07-01 at 20:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to kartman13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
You have flashed it?.. So it's hardware problem. If anybody has any idea how dial menu works differently than rest of software... Aka display drivers, or something... Share?

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
The display works when I'm in camera mode and press the cam button to focus. Then, if i take a picture, it stays still for a couple of seconds and the display scrambles again. Have searched the web vastly but it seems i'm the only one having this weird problem.

Last edited by kartman13; 2015-07-01 at 20:54.

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
If you still have the original cable (3.5mm > phone/red/white/yellow) that came with the N900, plug it into a TV and see what you get. If the output is also garbled, then perhaps the LCD is NOT at fault and the problem lays with the engine board, where as; if the display to the TV is fine, then the LCD is likely at fault, but don't quote me on this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo 5, nokia n900