Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Hey, did you remove the package complitelly?
You have problems only with ICONS or with missing TaskNavigator bar?
Please, do not reflash, it's not hard to turn on tasknavigatorbar, but we have to know what kind of problem do u have and how to fix it.
I can re-apply and go through. I didn't reflash, just took a step backwards since my backup was mere minutes before.

But to describe it, the desktop was shifted over about 50+ pixels or so to the left. The App/Contacts/Web icons that are typically far right weren't there.

I started to muck around and see what all could it have been, just decided that since it was 4am, and I should have been sleeping... why not just revert. 1 minute later, all was there.

But I'm curious enough to help out. Gimme a day to move some stuff around and I'll hop onto this.

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Can you show the output of
ls -l /home/user/.osso/hildon-desktop/
cat /home/user/.osso/hildon-desktop/desktop.conf

Hey, if u still have the package on your tablet then all goes fine. You should remove package and reboot to get your settings back.

BTW, virtual keyboard fixed. check your application manager for update.

Last edited by Kroll; 2010-05-10 at 12:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Please, remember! Do not remove package while theme is active. I just checked what will be if I do it... Reflashing now. hehe.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

But to describe it, the desktop was shifted over about 50+ pixels or so to the left. The App/Contacts/Web icons that are typically far right weren't there.
They are 'supposed' to be gone
You now access the menu through the menu icon on the top status bar (see the icon with a grid of blue boxes) - this gives more desktop space.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hiya Kroll.

I'll just throw in my one request while the topic is fresh.

Would you mind releasing a Diablo 5 lite version as well?

No color or extra icon features, just changing the layout, status bar, removing task navigator, etc. while allowing a person's current theme to remain intact.

I really was digging on the all black coloring scheme, but it would be nice to have a choice.

Oh, and I think I had a somewhat similar result like that of Gerbick. It looked like the desktop was off by 80 pixels (OMWeather went off the screen to the right).

Thanks for the early preview!

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
xterm, Abiword works fine... I don't know what about Quicknote...
I did a very quick/crude look through Quicknote source code and do not see any manipulating of theme colors. Quicknote is just using a gtk.TextView. I know very little about themeing to know why some text areas work and some don't.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
They are 'supposed' to be gone
You now access the menu through the menu icon on the top status bar (see the icon with a grid of blue boxes) - this gives more desktop space.
They were gone when I reverted back.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
They were gone when I reverted back.
Ah gotcha.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Since Kroll is self-admittedly busy I'd hate for this gorgeous OS2008 theme to go by without getting the attention it deserves so....
Kroll, you've got a real manager now!

Btw. scrollbar & visibility: I think you could use that one from the frediablo theme. Or something similar.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Budapest, Hungary
BTW, virtual keyboard fixed. check your application manager for update.
How to get this update? I've got 12 repos enabled (including Mitrandir's), and I don't get it.

Edit. Nevermind, I figured that out. To everybody else who's as absentminded as me: uninstall, then install it again!

Last edited by Alister; 2010-05-10 at 16:46.