Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
EAGERLY AWAITING RELEASE.
Mgamerz wants.
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

The Following User Says Thank You to Mgamerz For This Useful Post:
Hey, when did this get Launcher? Has it been there and I just didn't notice? I inadvertently double clicked the menu button and there it was! It's very cool. This app makes the N800 seem like a new device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HowHH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Right here: http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/webhttrack/
Hi silvermountain, I've tried to install them last time you reported the bug. But it says cannot find package. Looks like the package is now missing. Do you still have the deb files? Or at least gave us the desktop files. You could find the files under /usr/share/applications/hildon

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Fairport, NY, USA
Originally Posted by Mitrandir View Post
Now we are proud to release first release candidate of Telescope 2.0 which now not only can switch running applications, but also to start apps using sleek fullscreen menu with app icons!

In the current version application launcher can be called by pressing F5 (Home key) twice. Additional package with statusbar & navigator applets will be released soon.
Very cool. Good job.
- John

Really nice ! My N810 is now better than my N900 :-)

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Finally got around to installing RC2 - Ooohhhh, that's nice.

Thanks Guys.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by angun33 View Post
Hi silvermountain, I've tried to install them last time you reported the bug. But it says cannot find package. Looks like the package is now missing. Do you still have the deb files? Or at least gave us the desktop files. You could find the files under /usr/share/applications/hildon
Seems like some people have trouble installing this app (see: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=52211 ). I remember doing the following: saving the 'ini' or whatever the small installation file is called and then updating the extras repo to have "Chinook" in it and then it worked. I might even have had to delete and put Extras back.
Odd. Yes...but it is such a valuable application for me.

Couldn't find anything webhttrack sounding in the hildon folder.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-08-10 at 17:18.

Whatever webhttrack does you can do with wget:
Recursive download:
-r, --recursive specify recursive download.
-l, --level=NUMBER maximum recursion depth (inf or 0 for infinite).

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by giladmttw View Post
Whatever webhttrack does you can do with wget:
I don't think wget supports the same GUI that webhttrack does. I got about 13-15 offline sites that I refer to on a regular basis.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by giladmttw View Post
You should uninstall launcher, telescope 2 has it already.
Not the best advice.

I uninstalled Launcher and the Application launching icon disappeared from the status bar. Luckily I had xterm in personal launcher otherwise I'm not sure what I would had done.

But - there was no longer an option in control panel to select the Launcher to the status bar.

(The icon with the many small blue squares is in the Control Panel but the box to select it is greyed out and can't be selected. Gddamn).

I then un-installed Telescope as well and re-installed it.
Still - no way to put the icon (multiple blue boxes) back in the status-bar.

I install the 9k telescope status-bar applet.
Still no way to put the icon back in the status bar (and this applet seems to just be an alternative way to launch Telescope).

I'm so pissed. I had it exactly the way I wanted and now it's an utter mess and I can't even get to my list of applications.

Is there a way to download the version of Telescope prior to this 'merger' with Launcher and I'll install that and then Launcher separately and, if nothing changes, stay away from future versions of Telescope?

I love Telescope and Launcher - but this merger of the two really messed it up for me.

Request: Can you make a "Launcher Status-bar Applet" that a) places the icon back in the status bar and b) disables that double-click-to-get-to-Launcher?

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-08-10 at 22:48.