Active Topics

Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
That document is not very microB friendly.
No but it's wiki n00b friendly & good for just scratching notes together, the wiki can be the final resting place for much of it, once we know much more.
And not too many users use ONLY their phone, there's always some other device(s) in the mix.

Did I ask a stupid question? I just wanted to know what the relationship between the Sailfish and Maemo/Hildon communities communities would be. If one were to be blunt: is TMO the correct place to discuss an OS that may have little connect with Maemo or Hildon. But, I'm not being that forthright (wink).
The Council/BoD's hinted of some likely collaboration plenty of times, in fact talks begun ages ago, it's a natural evolution to leverage the Maemo & MeeGo-Harmattan communities, especially once Nokia's completely dumped us.

Originally Posted by demolition View Post
In terms of this thread, are requests being sort for hardware or just OS features? I guess Jolla cannot do loads about the h/w but can incorporate/implement features in the OS?
You can raise whatever you want, any ideas/concerns/Qns are valid so long as they haven't already been raised, place your input into the relevant docs please, even organise them if you see anything out-of-place & have time.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-11-13 at 05:30. Reason: typo

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
So about 5wk after Jolla 1st said they'd look at whether they can answer some of the stuff in the original doc...
I nudged them again to find out what the hold-up was, this was their response about 3-days ago:
Ok, please work together and agree on the questions and send the doc (PDF form preferred) to press@jollamobile.com. Thank you.
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I won't have time to help with much of this, so I was hoping one or more users would be willing to step-up & coordinate most of it?
So is there any person or persons who is willing to help here?
All it would require is organising both docs, culling duplicate/redundant commentary, keeping it as digestible as possible for Sailfish/Jolla reps.
Folks can discus here the content of either, how they should be structured/formatted, or what's missing, until they're closed in roughly 2-days.
At that point both of them will be locked, and hopefully almost fully organised/formatted...
Then we'll email the links to both using the address Jolla's provided, or both can be PDF'd 1st, up to whoever is doing the organising.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-11-13 at 05:07.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Whenever you close the doc, I can make a PDF from it, and send it to Jolla if you wish. How do I negotiate with them the feedback channel? If you need help with editing / removing redundancies / simplifying, etc. I can go over it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
I do not know if this is on list of questions, but can you add question if there will be free devices for developers (like N950 in summer 2011)?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
I added that question.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by pali View Post
I do not know if this is on list of questions, but can you add question if there will be free devices for developers (like N950 in summer 2011)?
Good point - a proper developer device program is IMHO very important. Double so for a new platform.

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Whenever you close the doc, I can make a PDF from it, and send it to Jolla if you wish. How do I negotiate with them the feedback channel? If you need help with editing / removing redundancies / simplifying, etc. I can go over it.
Thanks for that... Others are welcome to help/contribute too....
Lets aim to have them locked by 18/11 18:30 AustEST, that's exactly 1-week from when this thread was started. (correction: this should've said 15/11 18:30 AustEST)
We can extend by a day, but much longer than that & we're getting too close to Slush IMO.
Ideally we'd have it all nicely formatted/organised by then (or nearly), so that we can email the links or PDF(s).
Basically I was told we can communicate with them via that email address I mentioned...
Both docs can be unlocked later for new discussion, after anything answered by Jolla/Sailfish is moved to the Wiki.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-11-13 at 05:14.

I mean what should I ask them about communicating the answers back? I.e. do we expect them to comment during the Slush, or we want a written answer and etc.

Idea all along has been to estb. a direct dialogue on an ongoing basis, or at least back/forth once, in the form of a written response (whichever written form suits them).
If they can only answer at Slush that's fine I guess, but not ideal IMO.... Night.

Isn't the 18th to be a little late? Considering that the are giving their big reveal only 3days after, their press office are going to be very busy that week and by the time they pick up the questionnaire they would have answered half of the questions in the announcement.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
jolla, nokia-again?, not-so-open, totally closed, zipper is open