Active Topics

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Warszawa
Hi,

I've found workaround for bug with SMTP error.

Jolla-email app tries to send messages with sender email address equal name that is defined in account configuration as a "POP/IMAP user name". I have no idea why someone implement this in such way, but accidentally it works correctly in case Gmail - Gmail's "POP/IMAP user name" is the same as email address.

Unfortunately I am not a Gmail customer and in my case it doesn't work at all. I am unable to send emails form Jolla native app.

Solution:
Email account configuration is stored in "/home/nemo/.config/libaccounts-glib/accounts.db". This is sqlite db and can be edited with standard tools like sqlitebrowser. Email address is defined in "Settings" table and key = "emailaddress". I've changed it to my correct email address and it fixes the problem with SMTP.

Update:
Thanks to VDVsx, here is more "safe" method of tuning account configuration: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=11

Last edited by mkiol; 2013-12-23 at 15:51.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mkiol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Indeed, why would anyone implement mail accounts in such a way. I thought the N9 was a source of inspiration.
Missing:
- Signature per account
- "My name" per account
- User name apart from e-mail address (when using own domain)

Now sqlitebrowser is not that familiar to me. I'm afraid I will have to deal with the "Problem with sync" for my two IMAP mail accounts for a while.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by mkiol View Post
Hi,

I've found workaround for bug with SMTP error.

Jolla-email app tries to send messages with sender email address equal name that is defined in account configuration as a "POP/IMAP user name". I have no idea why someone implement this in such way, but accidentally it works correctly in case Gmail - Gmail's "POP/IMAP user name" is the same as email address.

Unfortunately I am not a Gmail customer and in my case it doesn't work at all. I am unable to send emails form Jolla native app.

Solution:

Email account configuration is stored in "/home/nemo/.config/libaccounts-glib/accounts.db". This is sqlite db and can be edited with standard tools like sqlitebrowser. Email address is defined in "Settings" table and key = "emailaddress". I've changed it to my correct email address and it fixes the problem with SMTP.
Is this related to could not sync message? I also got problem send mail from my server. and sent a report about it to Jolla.

So please also forward this to care@jolla.com because I see this as an very big issue that should be fixed ASAP.

And yes they'r are listening so stuff like this must be reported

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Jolla have already said they've fixed this bug btw, coming in a future release.

It's not just gmail that uses the username = email address assumption. Most cPanel based hosting sets secondary mail accounts up that way also.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
- "My name" per account
- User name apart from e-mail address (when using own domain)
At least these two can be modified per account.. but Sqlite kung-fu is required ;-)

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Solution:

hmm, i use two accounts, but i cant fix the prob. i download sqlitebrowser, but if i open the account.db than i see nothing.
Than i use SQLite Expert Personal, this show me all things. i klick dobble on "emailadress" and put the info "xxxxx@arcor.de" and by another "emailadress" xxxxxx@strato.de" - no sending + no receiving posible. Than i change both, because i dont know with "emailadress" is the right. But the same problem

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
hmm, i use two accounts, but i cant fix the prob. i download sqlitebrowser, but if i open the account.db than i see nothing.
Than i use SQLite Expert Personal, this show me all things. i klick dobble on "emailadress" and put the info "xxxxx@arcor.de" and by another "emailadress" xxxxxx@strato.de" - no sending + no receiving posible. Than i change both, because i dont know with "emailadress" is the right. But the same problem
A big warning when modify it can lead to "raise condition" when you modifiy the file outside your Jolla may have cached contents internally.

Also make backup and don't be as stupid as me. Second it seems the file is cashed in ram after account created, atleast for sometime, probadly why you don't see it.

In my case mistakely copied from my N9 Sailfish edition using scp modified it with sqlitebrowser and copied back to my new Jolla(dumb me). Everything stoped to work (suprise... not...)

So I decided to wipe all account related(could not remove from UI so i did rm account* and rebooted) and create all account from start then reboot => copy2laptop => modify => copy2jolla.

But in your case you proabadly better reboot to make sure contents actually has been stored on emmc then copy to laptop modify it. overwrite modified and reboot.

But again not sure modify this way is the best way. Maybe it can be done via dbus/gconf directly on phone or whatever to avoid raise...

Oh forgot in my case I still can't send mail so in my case its totally pointless to try this :/But atleast I learned something. Make backup

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-23 at 11:33.

i reboot every time after copied from sdcard to the phone.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
A big warning when modify it can lead to "raise condition" when you modifiy the file outside your Jolla may have cached contents internally.
Good point. It is important to know that db is open only by one application.

Let me depict my procedure:
0. Make sure that IMAP configuration works and SMTP is broken = you can get messages but can not send
1. Close jolla-email and settings apps (important!)
2. Make sure that in "/home/nemo/.config/libaccounts-glib" there is only "accounts.db". If there is -shm/-wal file, probably some app is connected to db
3. backup "account.db" :-)
3. open "account.db" in sqlitebrowser
4. determine ID of broken account
5. find row with id = <broken account ID>, key = "emailaddress" in "Settings" table. Value should be <IMAP user name>, e.g. xxx
6. change value to your real email address e.g. xxx@yyy.com
7. save data
8. open jolla-email and try to send message

Last edited by mkiol; 2013-12-23 at 11:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to mkiol For This Useful Post:
Good point. It is important to know that db is open only by one application.

Let me depict my procedure:
0. Make sure that IMAP configuration works and SMTP is broken = you can get messages but can not send
1. Close jolla-email and settings apps (important!)
2. Make sure that in "/home/nemo/.config/libaccounts-glib" there is only "accounts.db". If there is -shm/-wal file, probably some app is connected to db
3. backup "account.db" :-)
3. open "account.db" in sqlitebrowser
4. determine ID of broken account
5. find row with id = <broken account ID>, key = "emailaddress" in "Settings" table. Value should be <IMAP user name>, e.g. xxx
6. change value to your real email address e.g. xxx@yyy.com
7. save data
8. open jolla-email and try to send message

=> i turn off wlan , 3g, no apps open, restart phone, and every time is the shs and wall file inside. Is there a terminal command to stop the app what is connected to db ?

Tags
jolla