Active Topics

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Dutch is not included on the Jolla. That's OK, as I want my device in English anyway.

But it would be nice to have a Dutch dictionary for composing e-mails etc. I noticed my Dutch words find their way into the UK dictionary, which is hardly helpful. The onscreen keyboard shows English words most of the time, seldom a useful Dutch word to pick.

It would even be workable to have a choice for a new language setting English / Dutch, with the device in English, the onscreen keyboard in US/Qwerty and the Dutch dictionary being empty. I will eventually fill it up myself.

Could this be tweaked in any way?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
Dutch is not included on the Jolla. That's OK, as I want my device in English anyway.

But it would be nice to have a Dutch dictionary for composing e-mails etc.
seconded!!

The Following User Says Thank You to SaiKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
Originally Posted by tiempjuuh View Post
At least I think, because of many references I found in /usr/share/maliit/, it uses Nuances XT9 prediction. XT9 is available in many languages, so that's good, but it's closed source and I can't find the place where the dictionaries are stored...

Maybe it's a good start to find out in which format they're stored, where they are located and if it is possible to add other languages, like Dutch. It could be doable since we've got an open source dictionary team, found here.
I said in the KB layout thread. So, if anyone could help finding the dictionaries it would be great. I think I will ask on IRC in a minute, maybe the guys out there know it.

EDIT: Okay, so there's a folder ~/.local/share/xt9/ with a rather large (1.2MB) file in it (user dictionary?), I just don't know what it does yet, nor where the default dictionaries are stored.

Last edited by tiempjuuh; 2013-12-24 at 14:48.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
The default dictionaries are in the XT9 QT5 plugin Unfortunately

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
what kind of file is the xt9.dlm?