Active Topics

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Germany
Hello guys,

does anybody of you know if sailfishos provides an easy way to install applications provided as an rpm.

For APKs you can just install them from downloaded files page but for rpms this isn't working.

I'm asking this, because I would like to provide the users of SMPC an easy way to install/update the application.

greetings

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by djselbeck View Post
Hello guys,

does anybody of you know if sailfishos provides an easy way to install applications provided as an rpm.

For APKs you can just install them from downloaded files page but for rpms this isn't working.

I'm asking this, because I would like to provide the users of SMPC an easy way to install/update the application.

greetings
Currently it doesnt offer easy way. We are working on "Allow 3rd party applications" settings option to allow side loading, which would enable rpm mime-handler. So sorry for that you need to wait for an update.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-12-30 at 21:48.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
No problem

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Hello guys,

greetings
Easiest method is having Jolla store open, going to your transfers panel (if the files are downloaded) and clicking the rpm file, swipe left or right, go to store and the file is there to be installed. Same for already local files on system (use filemanager to browse to file)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wout.martens For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
Easiest method is having Jolla store open, going to your transfers panel (if the files are downloaded) and clicking the rpm file, swipe left or right, go to store and the file is there to be installed. Same for already local files on system (use filemanager to browse to file)
Funny I wonder if this is officially supported

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Install FileBrowser from Jolla store. Selecting rpm file gives you possibility to install it. Works well ...

Last edited by rannari; 2013-12-30 at 21:56. Reason: Typo mistake

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rannari For This Useful Post:
Terminal usage is something I rather not recommend for every user so file manager or this cool store method must suffice.

i use file browser and it works very well

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to domriley For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Funny I wonder if this is officially supported
Nope.
Certainly not this way.