Posts: 22 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by Magel282 View Post
What I meant is I can run the phone completely flat so that it turns its self of because of a flat battery. I have read of others doing this and have not been able to get their device to charge afterwards.
Yeah I heard that the charging doesn't go directly to the battery, but first through the CPU and then too the battery, isn't there some way i can charge my battery directly without putting it in my n900 ?

thanks.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Edge Of My Seat/London
The problem is the N900 is the worst bug riddled phone Nokia have ever made. Since I got mine I have had the same problem as you. also cant use thee 4th view because the wallpaper is stuck with an unwanted pic, and there is no fix for this from Nokia. It also stops responding when it feels like it. This morning after making a phone call, it just froze up on me and i could not end the call. The screen then went black then back on with the same frozen screen. Nokia need to sort this crap out. How could they release the N900 with all these bugs?

I knew it would be stuck with bugs when I pre-ordered it, that's what linux is for right? having fun fixing all the bugs yourself? but not charging is a serious problem.

thanks.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by brambi View Post
Yeah I heard that the charging doesn't go directly to the battery, but first through the CPU and then too the battery, isn't there some way i can charge my battery directly without putting it in my n900 ?

thanks.
Something like this would be fine. You may be able to get one for the N900 on eBay.

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/nokia-n97...dle-p19856.htm

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovakia/Bratislava
are you using USB cable to computer or normal charger? My observation is that my notebook can't charge the n900 via data cable when it's battery-dead.

Originally Posted by forcer View Post
are you using USB cable to computer or normal charger? My observation is that my notebook can't charge the n900 via data cable when it's battery-dead.
Tried both, well all 3 actually, the usb charger, the usb cable, and the adapter for "older" chargers.

The adapter for older chargers was the one that "killed" my n900 actually.

thanks.

Tried both, well all 3 actually, the usb charger, the usb cable, and the adapter for "older" chargers.

The adapter for older chargers was the one that "killed" my n900 actually.

thanks.
So it was charging fine before you used the adaptor? Did it come with the phone? Mine didn't have one. Perhaps the other charger you used damaged the phone or just the battery hopefully.

Originally Posted by Magel282 View Post
So it was charging fine before you used the adaptor? Did it come with the phone? Mine didn't have one. Perhaps the other charger you used damaged the phone or just the battery hopefully.
Exactly, and yes it came with the phone.

thanks.

Exactly, and yes it came with the phone.

thanks.
Where did you buy yours from? Got mine from Amazon but again mine didn't come with a converter and Amazon doesn't list this as part of the retail package. Do you know anyone with a X5800 express? That phone uses the same battery as this one. May even be worth getting testing another battery in it at a phone store to rule that out.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Fremantle, W. Australia
Not sure if it will help here, but it is worth having a "universal" li-ion charger.

There is one here for $2:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15264

Tags
lack of quality control