Active Topics

Mike, in that first post, it should be "(note 4.7 is not the Qt Release version)"... not the other way around :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
I've got my file copied across and can see it in WinSCP sitting in the /opt/ folder on my n900, along with bounce and some other stuff. When I exit sudo gainroot to "run as user" (thats right?) and type in the command by the $ prompt "python helloworld.py" it cant find the file ("No such file or directory"). Do I have to navigate first to the /opt/ folder and run it from there?

BTW my next question would be, how do I navigate in xterm .. but you knew that already

Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
I've got my file copied across and can see it in WinSCP sitting in the /opt/ folder on my n900, along with bounce and some other stuff. When I exit sudo gainroot to "run as user" (thats right?) and type in the command by the $ prompt "python helloworld.py" it cant find the file ("No such file or directory"). Do I have to navigate first to the /opt/ folder and run it from there?

BTW my next question would be, how do I navigate in xterm .. but you knew that already
Yes.. using either of these two options:

Code:
cd /opt/
python helloworld.py
OR

Code:
python /opt/helloworld.py
For Future reference.. I would recommend while testing.. to just copy it to your home directory, or under your home directory make a "projects" folder to dump it in. No reason to clutter your /opt/ until your ready to actually package it for deployment.

ETA: I see the OP and I have a disagreement there as that's where he tells you to put it. *shrug* I just don't see a reasoning for it.. better to fill the 30GB area with junk and leave the /opt/ 2GB for ready-to-go apps IMHO.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-02-07 at 20:50.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Thanks fatalsaint, everything's up and running I had been trying "cd opt" (like cmd in Windows) for the past 5 mins, I should have thought to add the slashes...

Only problem is I notice the app isn't working in portrait mode..

.. ssssh just kidding!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'm gonna like this ^ guy.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I'm gonna like this ^ guy.
Agreed! That made me laugh.

PS: I know it was a joke... but, as far as python goes, getting that functionality is actually supposed to be really easy.

ETA: I just realized that looks more for GTK than QT.. I'm sure it could be adapted though since the actual heart of it is the dbus.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
ETA: I see the OP and I have a disagreement there as that's where he tells you to put it. *shrug* I just don't see a reasoning for it.. better to fill the 30GB area with junk and leave the /opt/ 2GB for ready-to-go apps IMHO.
But he said
!! dont forget to copy your python files to /opt on N900. If you copy to Mydocs directory you will not be able to change the permissions to Linux execute permissions as Mydocs is a FAT file system, it does not understand permissions.

.edit
But that doesn't probably matter if you use "python2.5 runnablescript.py" command?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
But he said

.edit
But that doesn't probably matter if you use "python2.5 runnablescript.py" command?
Ah.. well it's a good point but yes you're correct.. since you're passing "python" first it won't matter.

Where it *would* matter is if you tried to run it as so:

Code:
./helloworld.py

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
This is just for mikec and I´m just trying to make it look nicer. Couple of things:
- Does python add itself to Path environment automatically on windows?
- There is text about executable permission so to avoid confusion "python runnableprogram.py" or " ./runnableprogram.py"?

http://pastebin.com/m4beb4c07
(copy from lower part)

And Thanks for this nice guide!

Last edited by slender; 2010-02-07 at 21:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ São Paulo - Brazil
Can anyone help me, please..

I'm a windows 7 (x64) user and i got this message when i try to convert my .ui file to .py

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\uic\pyuic.py", line 4, in <module>
from PyQt4 import QtCore
ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Thanks