Just got a nice case for my N800 at amazon.com for $9.95 US plus $7.95 shipping. It is made by Prima and is made for the N800 and is leather. I assume this is a closeout price, although they did not state that.

Just search for "Prima Premium Leather Book Style for Nokia N800"

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
ooh, I note that Amazon have quite a few n800 accesories being sold cheaply - in particular styluses (third party), screen protectors, cases, chargers etc.
http://tinyurl.com/yglenjm

my n800's battery is showing signs of age - it's done pretty well - so I will be looking out for one too.

i need a cheap case made for n800 that covers the screen too (that you can see the screen through) and protects the whole thing from scratches

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
First, I wanted to have a hard case, so I made my own, I found that the case of an old DC600 tape cartridge fits quite well, with some foam padding around the sides and on the lid. I cut out a square out of the lid for the Dpad, to prevent pressing the center button and to make it fit.

In the end I prefer the original soft pouch, I just added a thick, corrugated cardboard insert to protect the screen. The rectangular cutout is so the centre Dpad button doesn't get pressed as I slide the N800 into the pouch.

Joe.