Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
A new update has been produced for sportstracker, this fixes the bug introduced as part of PR1.2 whereby the screen text was cut off due to font size changes.

The update came out last week but there were problems with it and it was withdrawn. It came out again yesterday and all now looks good.

Just wished this application updated the online view in real time still Still a very good app and free too. I hade been using eCoach on my N900 but this is way better as the web interface (albeit in flash) is better than HeiaHeia.

John

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
A new update has been produced for sportstracker, this fixes the bug introduced as part of PR1.2 whereby the screen text was cut off due to font size changes.

The update came out last week but there were problems with it and it was withdrawn. It came out again yesterday and all now looks good.

Just wished this application updated the online view in real time still Still a very good app and free too. I hade been using eCoach on my N900 but this is way better as the web interface (albeit in flash) is better than HeiaHeia.

John
Thanks for that - interestingly the 1.0.4 download is not working here yet and there is no update here either, but they do acknowledge the issue & are working on it...

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Timisoara, Romania
Same problem here. Acording to this it seem that "The downloaded package is greater than the specified size", so i supose it's a Store server matter

Does anybody know how to export data from SportsTracker? Data are located in ~/.local/share/data/STT/SportsTracker but they are binary files, so dead end. Any luck exporting with newest version?

Happy owner of N9, the last Nokia smartphone.

Sportstracker is good but impossible to use without an online connection. It will keep nagging for a connection continuously and cannot be dismissed. Is sportstracker an ad supported app? This could be the reason why the developer does not allow it to be used offline.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
There are no adds on the software or the web version, so not sure how they are making any money on this. It was a Nokia in house product, maybe they have not adjusted their business model?

Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
There are no adds on the software or the web version, so not sure how they are making any money on this. It was a Nokia in house product, maybe they have not adjusted their business model?
In that case it could be just a bug instead of being mean spirited. But I've reported this to the developer many times to no avail.

They make money by selling bluetooth heart rate monitor. Symbian version can be comfortably used without connection, so there is no reason not to do this right on N9.

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Sportstracker is good but impossible to use without an online connection. It will keep nagging for a connection continuously and cannot be dismissed. Is sportstracker an ad supported app? This could be the reason why the developer does not allow it to be used offline.
it was not that way on Symbian - it is a 'feature' on N9 that is great for destroying battery life, especially when you use it in an area with no network coverage as i do mountainbiking,,,

Actually they are now saying it is fixed as of 45 mins ago - should work for phones with English as the language - however, does not work for me.