Notices

Well, I think I posted before but not sure. Mine is broke now too and I'm not sure what the problem is.

- Same settings as before, but I think after the last update, it broke it
- It now asks if I'm fine with getting it with data roaming though it never did before (never mattered either, and it at least seems like it attempts to connect
- I uninstalled and reinstalled but that didn't help (same with resetting settings)
- Tried the empty username and password fix but it didn't work
- Current settings are small and havoc (though I've tried polite and rude as well)

I'm on CinBell which uses ATT/T-mobile towers when in roaming (always for me.)
If I get time later today, I'll install vim and get a detailed log.

Thanks frals for your work. It has been great up til this last little bit of trouble.

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
How to get the log, no need to install anything new:

Also for listing the gconf settings use: gconftool-2 -R /apps/fmms instead of opening the xml files

Originally Posted by frals View Post
Encountered an error?
Please do the following:
Open X-Terminal and enter the following:
cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/

Then either use the email client on the N900 to send me 'fmms.log' or connect it as "Mass Storage" and send it from your desktop computer - the file is in the root directory when plugged in as mass storage device.
In the email/reply please include what operator you are on and in what country, as well as your forum username (if registered) and a link to any relevant post you may have posted in this thread. Thanks!
Please send the email to: fmms@frals.se or post it as an attachment in a reply to this topic.

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Log sent.

Let me know if you need the complete gconf settings. phonenumber string for me is 0 as well.

Edit: frals, tried replying to the email but it was rejected. Anyway, I tried out the new settings, saved, and closed. Didn't work. Not sure what exactly is holding it up. I've tried swapping a lot of different ones and can't get it right. WHen I switched the proxy too, it was unable to even give me a notification of a new mms, something the old one at least does.

I'll keep trying different things and I'll post up if any of them work.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited by cincibluer6; 2011-03-17 at 00:57.

I'm not getting any error messages - just that the MMS was was unable to be retrieved

I'm also getting the data romaning message

Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
Originally Posted by FP125 View Post
I'm not getting any error messages - just that the MMS was was unable to be retrieved

I'm also getting the data romaning message
what version are you using? i suggest a fresh install, i explained how to do that a few posts back

Edit: fresh install, remember to reboot after uninstall and after install
apt-get remove --purge fmms
reboot
apt-get install fmms
it should automatically fetch your network settings, if not enter them manually, use small picture setting and havoc mode.

Last edited by carlon; 2011-03-17 at 21:43. Reason: additional info

I followed the above - tried again but still states OPERATION FAILED when I try to download an MMS

Checked my settings in the application and the t-mobile settings are held. One thing though - when I press advanced the 3 sections are empty for IP address, Primary DNS and Secondary DNS - should these be empty.

As one of the previous posters noted - I get asked for Data Roaming and it does seem to automatically connect to my MMS even though that setting is down under Internet Connections

Last edited by FP125; 2011-03-18 at 13:11.

@fp125
The IP address, Primary DNS and Secondary DNS, for the most part should be empty,however this depends on your service providers MMS config.
Do you have a separate apn for MMS and one for 3g/gsm? what mode are you using in fmms(polite,rude or havoc)?

@carlon
Same thing as FP125. I purged, rebooted, reinstalled and it still doesn't work. MMS settings were correct though the first time I started.
What changed from the last version to the current one?

I'm not sure what happened with the upgrade from ver 1.3.0 to 1.3.3, it was meant to fix an "unable to download" problem. I to am having issues with it app although it's some what different to yours i think. i'm not able to send but i can receive, very weird. I'm not sure if the developer (Frals) is aware of the problem or even if he's working on a fix for that matter

Check your settings against this site
http://wiki.maemo.org/MMS_configurations

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python