Notices

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Germany
New update coming after testing phase:

Teaser:

Last edited by djselbeck; 2014-01-19 at 16:28.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djselbeck For This Useful Post:
New version is uploaded to openrepos

this one features almost complete landscape support. Just try it by turning your device around

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djselbeck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Hi

Thanks for the update. Turns out, the artefacts in images is a bug on the N9. Apparently it's got something to do with Qt4 workarounds no longer present in Qt5.

https://github.com/romu70/sailfish-for-other/issues/4

Alright, sorry to hear this. Hope there will be an workaround soon.

Thanks for your feedback

Thanks djselbeck, SMPC is awesome

Now all we (well, I) need is mpd running on my jolla!

Some suggestions:

1. Connecting to multiple servers at once? Maybe multiple instances? Taking this further it would be amazing to be able to automatically link tracks that are on multiple servers and have an option to play on all servers at the same time, or maybe even an option to automatically play / pause the relevant server when entering / leaving the room. Maybe track based on relative wifi signal strengths, bluetooth connections etc? Probably better as a tasker/llama integration ... so write tasker/llama for sailfish first

2. Maybe provide an add server link (or pulley menu) on the connect screen (I went there first, settings was my second guess).

3. Ability to automatically (or easily) add a connection to a local MPD. Better yet if there's a link somewhere to install a local mpd and add the connection to it! So yeah, port mpd over for me, cheers.

4. Add a cancellable grace period progress bar thingy before auto-switching to the playlist (the auto-switch is a nice feature but it's possible you tap the screen as it's switching intending to choose a menu option only to end up changing track).

5. On artists / albums screens show those with album art first (possibly optional). More than half my albums don't have artwork so it all looks a bit ugly.

6. When there is an option to play / add track/album/albums and the track(s) are in the playlist already have an option to play from existing playlist position.

7. When viewing an album / artist there is an extra screen to the right for showing album / artist information. This screen is accessible even when there is no information available, leaving a blank screen. it would be better to either not have the screen in that case or show "no artist / album information could be found".

8. It would be nice to be able to slide a finger left / right over the collapsed now playing thing at the bottom of the screen to seek (only after moving finger a reasonable amount). Or maybe just allow swipe left over it to move forward to the now playing screen no matter where you are in the app?

9. Ability to fetch/view lyrics for a track.

10. Ability to re-arrange tracks in the playlist with press, hold and drag and/or a cut / copy and paste before/after action in the menu for each track. Same for albums.

11. Multiple selection (maybe by just tapping the track on the very left) to allow for bulk deletions / moves.

12. Ability to view tags for a track. Possibly also edit (if we have a local MPD).

Yeah, that's a lot I know. Just wanted to get these ideas out there rather than demand you do them!

Should I add these as issues to the github project?

Thanks again.

Hello,

first I like that you like SMPC this gives me great pleasure as it all started out of personal need .

Also I think that locally running MPD would be nice and it shouldn't be that hard to realize.

For the list of feature request I think there are definitely some useful but also some which I simply don't see as useful .

I see what I can do but I'll start my new job soon and my spare time will probably reduced then.

I'll probably start with an optional simplified view for artist/album.

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sweden
Hi!
I have been using the awesome app, but then I was having to send it to Jolla Care and the phone was being cleand. Now I canīt get it to work. Iīm using ifconfig to get my IP and MAC adress but I canīt connect. Can you help me?

Originally Posted by towhatend View Post
Hi!
I have been using the awesome app, but then I was having to send it to Jolla Care and the phone was being cleand. Now I canīt get it to work. Iīm using ifconfig to get my IP and MAC adress but I canīt connect. Can you help me?
MAC is optional for wake on lan. Have you tried connecting from your PC (with gmpc for example) via the same host ip address?

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by djselbeck View Post
MAC is optional for wake on lan. Have you tried connecting from your PC (with gmpc for example) via the same host ip address?
Itīs working now, I was trying to connect with mopidy, with no sucess! With just MPD it works. Before I was sending my phone in mopidy was working as well.

I haven't tested mopidy for a long time but I know that it was working in qmobilempd(where all my network code came from). Strange. Didn't really changed much networking code

Is all not working, or just current playlist?

Tags
jolla, mpd mpd-client, musicpd, sailfish