Notices

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
SYMPTOM: within mediaplayer: one specific albumart pic keeps popping up on files in a directory with numerous sound files and dir's

PROBLEM: hidden directories named .mediaartlocal are generated. On the path level where I think this goes wrong, I see numerous JPG's with the same pic in a subdir called .mediaartlocal. Removing .mediaartlocal-dirs only leads to refresh and remaking of the same.

SO FAR TRIED:
-removing the JPG's that show the same pic beneath the problematic dir. NO FIX
-command "tracker-processes -r" (as user). NO FIX
-removing the lot from the N900 and store it without this pic under a dir with a different name. NO FIX!

ASIDE:
-I noticed there is another dir that stores media info: .obex-root. However I think this is only shortcutting to the problematic dir
-Before, I tried to install MussorgSky. However, this app opens and immediately shuts down
-been reluctant to remove all .mediaartlocal dirs. They are hidden too so I wouldnt know how to do that either (f.e. in WinSCP)

I'm by now somewhat desperate (tho seeing this guys'stupid head with the word Asylum beneath it is exemplary..). Is the problem
-one pic too many, somewhere somehow?
-specifications of the song info itself?

Any ideas?
Tx in advance
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to 7thd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 98 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
OK then
I found out now

problems with refreshing after deleting/adding of mediafiles
-"tracker-processes -r" is enough to refresh to the exact number or the names of files.

problems with bugging albumart pics
-1- in the music dirs: delete/move away the pics you don't want to be associated with the music files in the same dir
-2- in home/user/.cache/media-art/: delete (specific) pics, this to clean more thorough, because tracker will have left copies there too.
-3- under home/user/.thumbnails/: delete (specific) pics, this to clean more thorough, because tracker will have left copies there too.

Do the above at your own risk (I would reckon some non-graphic .cache-files are to be left untouched and I do not know everything of it).

The more you delete the more tracker has to extract afterwards. I deleted them all in a rage, and I see now that the thumbs are restored in Mediaplayer s l o w l y and with considerable CPU-power being consumed.

Last edited by 7thd; 2010-05-13 at 18:30.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 7thd For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo 5, tracker