Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Just blame Elop. He is an easy target. Dont blame incompetent Nokia software engineering
Why should anyone be blamed because an unofficial source might have been wrong about something?

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
I now see why so many people are so angry at Elop for abandoning Meego. I just got my N9 3 days ago and the OS is wonderful. Could use some polish here and there and features that add some user friendliness (ie. email client select all/ gmail threads) but I now see the vast potential of this OS and it is sad that it has been abandoned.

Please excuse me if this is a stupid question but is the OS and drivers for the N9 open sourced? Meaning some company could take over the development of the OS.

The Following User Says Thank You to milk224 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
No, not open sourced

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Portugal, Porto
MeeGo is opnesourced, meego-harmattan isn't.

Its actually sad. My friends love my phone but because its Nokia they dont want to take a risk of getting one.

Because I came from the n900 to the n9 it was easy for me to mess around and get wazzap and other stuff i wanted through this site... So even if they wanted this phone it would be hard to recommend to THEM. There's alot that needs to be worked on and if they cant get the popular applications i know they'll end up frustrated...

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Snak3 View Post
Its actually sad. My friends love my phone but because its Nokia they dont want to take a risk of getting one.

Because I came from the n900 to the n9 it was easy for me to mess around and get wazzap and other stuff i wanted through this site... So even if they wanted this phone it would be hard to recommend to THEM. There's alot that needs to be worked on and if they cant get the popular applications i know they'll end up frustrated...
i totally agree on the friends love the n9 part. they are coming from all other platforms and at least 2/3s of them said they would get one if it was still supported. once they've used the swipe ui, nobody even asks about specs and ghzs.
my girlfriend said yesterday, that she intuitively swipes around on every other touchscreen device. and she has been using my n9 for 2 hours in total maybe in the last 6 months.
nokia you are such ******s for not supporting this great phone.

sorry for OT

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dommau For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Six more days. . .

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
... Reportedly...

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Because I have access to things others don't in the tmo community....
Any clue when this will be arriving

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
Six more days. . .
6 more days???

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert