Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Problem is nokia doesnt want to have a perfect n9 because the board i a bunch of idiots. PR 1.3 is the last. Harmattan team has left the building. And my guess is also that 808 is last symbian device.
1.3 is seriously the last? im really hoping not.. this phone has a lot of potential, and nokia knows that. it has sold more than the lumia series. i guess microsoft has gotton too far up their *** or something. even though i like microsoft i hate to see nokia drop everything else for it.. pretty lame

I'm hoping 1.3 won't be the last. This phone has so much potential. After using it for 1 week I can see why everyone here is so angry at Nokia for abandoning Meego Harmattan.

I came back to Nokia on the Lumia 900 and was impressed with the hardware that I decided to buy a Nokia N9. Now I own 2, one black n9 and one white n9 and the lumia 900. I've since switched to using the white n9 exclusively and in the process of learning how to use QT and QML so I can create apps I'm missing.

Why can't Nokia just do 3 operating systems? Sure the updates might be slower due to reducing the programming team, but at least give the customers options on what they like. Most likely Microsoft just gave them a bunch of money to guarantee that they only develop for Windows.

The Following User Says Thank You to milk224 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Ofcourse I dont have inside info. But everything point PR 1.3 will be last. Except maybe some security update etc.

BUT this does not mean N9 is dead. I am sure we will see more apps from FOSS and CSSU.

but in nokias case everything seems to point to EOL..

reason I beleive this is:

git logs i harmattan core componentz nothing new since mars
nokia has removed n9 from many homepages
price drop, this is good for enduser cause you get a GREAT device very lowprice, soo go get one before to late

and dont forget n9 will be alive without Elop and his Microsoft fanboys.

Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
let's pray elop dies in a car crash
We are humans afterall , wishing death upon someone for some technology reason it's wrong . Humans invented technology , not reverse .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragoss91 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
We are humans afterall , wishing death upon someone for some technology reason it's wrong . Humans invented technology , not reverse .
But it's not fair when other person is trying to destroy a particular technology

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
bro fairness doesn't count more than a life. anyway i'm sure cepiperez mentioned it in jest only.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by shinogami View Post
My guess for the surprise is stock FM radio client. I just hope they make everything a little bit faster (especially the browser). It would also be nice to be able to change the browser user agent from some menu setting. Then all I need is something akin to Google Sky Map and I'm all set for the next 3-5 years to come..
My very very very big guess for the surprise is :

- THE FIX of the INFAMOUS 'tracker' BUG that render the device unusable (randomly appear without any logic reason, clearing contacts, messages, gallery, music, videos ...).

Obviously, another fix for the mail client 'fenix' (this client is a joke, never see something more unusable) :

- It always pop up the message 'The program fenix is unresponsive, would you like to kill it yes/no ?' between every message/folder changing.

- Searching a message start after every character typed, taking ages to reply some results when using IMAP with many messages (in this case I think it's better to leave the user entering the full string he want to search, then just push on a 'start search' button to avoid the actual behaviour).

- The anniversary dates reminder (no need to details here, every one can see by himself how the implementation is lame, even a re****ed men can do better ...).

There is many others, but I don't want to rewrite the kilometers of report all users made on the bugtracker.

I wait and pray like all of others N9 owners ...

A++

Would be nice if they fixed the multiple contacts bug - theres NO way of automatically merging contacts - if you use mail for exchange and have contacts on your phone, all contacts are doubled up and no fix.

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Bit OT, I was wondering is there any way to getting the solutions for "fixed" - status, bugs before next update?

For example:
- idle
- accuweather

Many of them I thing would be easy to fix, and who knows when the update is comming.

I just want the cellular connectivity freeze bug to be fixed.

I have actually no other choice to use another phone because I actually got smoked after I missed several phone calls from my boss.

Performance improvements would be nice too. It sometimes take up to 10 seconds to show up an email accessed from the lockscreen.

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert