Notices

Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
Would a proxy through the web work? and which one are people using please?
The proxy I used is non-public so I can only tell you it works. I believe the terminal method others mentioned should work, too?

install files are

[install]
catalogues = nokia-ovi-store
package = galaga

[nokia-ovi-store]
id = ovi
file=variant-catalogues

--

[install]
catalogues = nokia-ovi-store
package = pacmance

[nokia-ovi-store]
id = ovi
file=variant-catalogues

i got
E: handler silently failed

yeah I was getting silent fail too. Got the same after trying to re-download Kroll game before. Got it ages ago, store knows it's something I have downloaded, but wouldn't let me download it again without paying for it. Managed to get it eventually but galaga and pacman aren't putting out.

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
If you get Silently failed, update the apt-get package as mentioned earlier in the thread - although I have updated this before, I am assuming it was reverted to stock Nokia version when I upgraded to PR1.3 so needed to download it again. I downloaded both of those games no problem with the modified apt-get.

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
Thanks. I must have missed that post before, or overlooked it. Off to find out more about this new apt-get now

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
Originally Posted by amadeukaos View Post
I installed, via terminal, I´m from Brazil
I am from Brazil too, how did you do it?

Just came back to report. Perhaps these comments will help anyone else dropping in here:

Aptitude can be found in the application manager or fapman- whichever you use. I believe it is in extras devel, incase you haven't got that repo enabled. Upon trying to run aptitude from either the icon or in xterminal it starts then says Sigsegv error and wont load. (don't sound normal, but if it also happens to you it WILL still work) BUT if you just type into xterminal " aptitude install pacmance " instead of apt-get then aptitude still works through the xterminal.

I know this has been said before but just wanted to bring it all together for people coming to the thread.

PS- tried fsck and found no errors- is sigserv something to be worried about? Never had that before and aptitude still works through command line so perhaps aptitude is picking something up wrong?

Tags
sexy mrspm