Active Topics

Hi all,

I encounter a very strange problem since yesterday and I do not have found any solution yet (without re-installing all the system).

My phone have turned off because of the lack of power.
Since I rebooted it, my IM (IM account is a gtalk) has strange behavior :
- I no longer have the list of contacts under 'Conversation>New IM' : it shows "(no contacts)"
- Contact pictures loaded from IM disappeared from my Address Book (as well as for my contacts on my desktop)
- I no longer have the status icons that usually appears in my Contact list

I tried to delete/recreate the account etc but nothing worked.

Does anyone has an idea or encounter the same kind of problem?
I'm beginning to despair :-(

Thanks a lot in advance !

The Following User Says Thank You to Florentia For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Albania
Im having exactly the same issue, dropped my phone, no battery, after restart gtalk contact can't seem to work as before.
Trying to find if it's because of an update or the sudden shutdown caused all this.
Other accounts work fine, only gtalk has issues.

Finally, I am not alone \o/
I do not think that this could be due to an update because I usually reboot the device after each update I do :-/
Tried to find the inner application which deals with the IM conversations in order to reinstall it but without any success.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Albania
Looks like a config file corruption or something like that...trying to find the right location. Need help from some experts here.

@Florentia It's such a coincidence though, that's why I thought of an update issue.

I reinstalled the plugin for gtalk ( rtcom-accounts-plugin-gtalk ) and then reboot but it does not solve the problem.

I found the folders where the informations are but can't find where the problem comes from.
Under the home/user folder, there are .rtcom-* folders which might contains informations we need but I do not touch the content because I want to keep my conversations unbroken :-S

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
I have a different problem but also - it started today night:

I didn't drop/etc but my gtalk contacts now shows OFFLINE. In the same time I am seen to them fine and we are able to exchange messages. If I go to conversation, I can see their real status (online or away).

GTALK call button disappeared. So, I guess - it is yet another attempt to prevent voice/video calls through gtalk for Maemo phones.

BTW, syslog shows that status updates now are not recognized (name is not recognized).

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
I also am having this problem on my N810! I did not drop my unit but I did turn it off last night. Now today it will not log on to the im gtalk. The last few days I have noticed that account losing connection then reconnecting. Is Google purging certain accounts?

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Houston
I am having exactly the same problem. Nothing special happened, just Gtalk seems to not report the online status of any of my contacts.
Since a friend of mine is also started having the same problem, at the same exact time, I'm guessing google changed something. I hope this is a temporary glitch and not something more fundamental.

any help, anyone?

Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
I have a different problem but also - it started today night:

I didn't drop/etc but my gtalk contacts now shows OFFLINE. In the same time I am seen to them fine and we are able to exchange messages. If I go to conversation, I can see their real status (online or away).

GTALK call button disappeared. So, I guess - it is yet another attempt to prevent voice/video calls through gtalk for Maemo phones.

BTW, syslog shows that status updates now are not recognized (name is not recognized).

Same here.

2 things.

1: For no reason the contacs went duplicate (in contacs).

2: You can still recieve calls and IM.

Once you recieve a call, you see it in the phone app but when you try to call (phone-->web) you just can't.

For IM you can reply (once you recieve) but looks wierd, i mean not showing a normal IM conversation, everything is black, there's no separation between you and your contact.

I guess has something to do with changes in gmail (like you probably see it).

Grettings.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
I am experiencing the same issues as well, in my contact list no status is showing, can't initiate calls, screen acting funny etc. Has there been a change to the Jabber protocol?

OP: Can you please change title of thread to Gtalk issue as I think it will gain more views and is more closely related to the issue we are all experiencing.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZackMorris For This Useful Post: