Posts: 27 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Córdoba, Argentina
Hi all! Hope someone can help me.
suddenly, everytime I try to log into facebook chat from availability menu it shows "network error". Besides, i dont longer have my facebook friends in my contacts list. I only have those contacts from my phone list who have been merged with facebook ones and their facebook button shows "Error" . I deleted all my accounts and created then again but no change at all... Any ideas? Please I really need the face chat

The Following User Says Thank You to cotyrocksteady For This Useful Post:
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Glad to hear it's not just me. Have the same on my both Ubuntu-powered machines on Empathy and Pidgin.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Martinsicuro, Abruzzo, Italy
Originally Posted by cotyrocksteady View Post
Hi all! Hope someone can help me.
suddenly, everytime I try to log into facebook chat from availability menu it shows "network error". Besides, i dont longer have my facebook friends in my contacts list. I only have those contacts from my phone list who have been merged with facebook ones and their facebook button shows "Error" . I deleted all my accounts and created then again but no change at all... Any ideas? Please I really need the face chat
Same problem

Similar older posts:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70357
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=54835
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75208

Last edited by alextootchie; 2012-01-16 at 21:58.

So theres no solution at all? Deleting a corrupted file? Cause it seems like facebook account settings couldnt be read or something like that. I deleted the account files from /home/usr and recreated,all of them and no luck

I think I have just solved it (at least for now)
here's what i did:
deactivate facebook account
go to contacts and unmerge those contacts who still apeared like merged
delete the account
turn off/on the phone
log into facebook through web browser (i dont know if this got something to do but i mention it just in case)
create account again

i hope this is the final solution, let you know if something happens

The Following User Says Thank You to cotyrocksteady For This Useful Post:
On wifi, i do get to chat online, but on 3g or network connections alone i do get the nerwork error and wont be able to chat online, i can browse the internet though and all EXCEPT foe CHAT. Any who can fix this?

Originally Posted by buzzonme View Post
On wifi, i do get to chat online, but on 3g or network connections alone i do get the nerwork error and wont be able to chat online, i can browse the internet though and all EXCEPT foe CHAT. Any who can fix this?
I have account use in ehat.I have for for facebook chat & i have cleared the device and all.

But my friend account all works.Please help me

Originally Posted by shanttu View Post
Glad to hear it's not just me. Have the same on my both Ubuntu-powered machines on Empathy and Pidgin.
I have account in use error please help me