How to fix this?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
In QtCreator (sailfishSdk):

press sailfishos ikon

and search for xmllistmodel it will show:

qt5-qtdeclarative-import-xmllistmodel

press install.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Thanks, somehow when I clicked on that QtCreator just said SDK VM not started. I suppose I can do 'zypper install [package name]' in the console, right?

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Thanks, somehow when I clicked on that QtCreator just said SDK VM not started. I suppose I can do 'zypper install [package name]' in the console, right?
nope ... zypper will install in host vm and inside the target in the host vm ...

launch the sdk vm ... and use the ui interface ... will be easier

The Following User Says Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
For some reasons even if I have started the Mer SDK (and have working connection because I can compile the project), clicking on the SailfishOS icon still says:

The SDK VM is not responding. Create a new SailfishOS project (or open an existing one) and press the Start SDK button on the lower left.

Any suggestion on how to fix this issue?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Yes you can do it via zypper but then you have to do it both in mersdk and emulator. So its recommended do it in qtcreator.

The problem with SDK :

just click yes when it says: "sdk not running" and it will start it.

and then goto sailfishos icon page and write localhost:8080 in the URL line it may take some time for it to respond. Actually its a webkit browser there and they use some rubyonrails backend in mersdk. Hope they fix the issues and makes it faster. Or ever rewrite the client in QML instead to give beter feedback whats happening.

I also recommend you to visit IRC channels on freenode.net channels like #mer and #sailfishos gives you help

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-08-24 at 12:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Sorry but I am too stupid to find this search field. I am using Qt Creator on a Mac and when I am opening the SDK Control Center there is nothing where I could do a search. So could you be so nice and post a step by step guide?

Thanks a lot!

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by No.User View Post
Sorry but I am too stupid to find this search field. I am using Qt Creator on a Mac and when I am opening the SDK Control Center there is nothing where I could do a search. So could you be so nice and post a step by step guide?

Thanks a lot!
There you go buddy

8 steps

Don't miss step 4 at the bottom to start Mer SDK

Last edited by mariusmssj; 2014-01-22 at 21:44.

Thanks a lot! I really feel stupid for not getting that the SDK can be managed...

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by No.User View Post
Thanks a lot! I really feel stupid for not getting that the SDK can be managed...
NO worries I was like that too, if you stick at all you'll learn loads. Don't be afraid to ask for help no matter how silly you think your question is!