Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
yes i have read on irc log..that's how coderus said. however i have a question that go after the same opensourcing sfos fight:
why there is no one or so few people to develop UI and other part of Nemo ? just curious about it
Because sfos is closed source, all problems will miraculously be fixed when they do open source it, just believe it (circlejerks don't need to be true or factual, just act on emotions and feelings, it will all be good, wink wink, nudge nudge, just hate jolla for a little longer)

Just take half of this community comments as actual commits and Glacier UI would be ages more advanced than any other UI, but it's easier to bash a company that tries to do the thing (and it is also easy to bash community, just check this comment)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Honestly i can't indeed blame jolla for not opensourcing it. they decided to go for a big risk and they are and never be forced to open something in wich they spent money and efforts. Only thing is that they made a mistake when they promised it, two years ago. I can forget it, i think they really were sincere, but investors didnt agree with them. However that was a lack of sense of responsibility.

By the way, stop to talk about it, i am still waiting for a reply:

Why devs and people involved in porting sfos and other important project like that, are not really involved in nemo mobile?
i am not a coder, i am not an expert so correct me if i am wrong, but it runs with same components of sailfish. why there is no so much interest about it? reading comments on this forum i expected that it would have gained much more interest than sailfish...

Last edited by itdoesntmatt; 2015-11-21 at 11:43.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
You know, Jolla team itself is not responsible for opensourcing decisions, it's all about investors.
And about Nemomobile, check Asteroid smartwatch project, it's all done by Nemo community. And because it's not a commercial organization (Yet?).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Coders probably did not see this as a venture that would bring them ROI (bashers are usually not coders, armchair CEOs), some got tired of Nokia and never getting there, others probably just went android, as there is at least a possibility of some income there, however slim chance it might be. Open source relies on fanboys in a way and android killed proper linux I'm afraid, people would be angry about things like this: https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...36&postcount=9 not anymore, it's business as usual in the new linux world nowadays, android is king

keep on on the new thread just to not offtopic with this. sorry to the starter of this topic for going off

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
keep on on the new thread just to not offtopic with this. sorry to the starter of this topic for going off
Starting a new topic was a smart decision (not like it will stop all of us going OT in all threads that will even smell of Silica opensourcing, no way to stop this, ramblers gonna ramble, but kudos nonetheless)

i guess that all about open sourcing silica has been discussed for a long time in many thread, so it would be and endless repetition of the same opinions. So i kindly invite all users avoid to saying the same things for ever and maybe to not try to change other's mind...everyone have his own ideas, and needs only smart reply to be convinced (if reasons are shareable and logic of course), or at least they definitely don't need an endless jingle.

The Following User Says Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
it would be and endless repetition of the same opinions
You're new here, right?

yes i am, why?