Active Topics

does anybody know any message about skype for n800?

Originally Posted by ah.sima View Post
does anybody know any message about skype for n800?

My sources say June 11, 2007.

really? it is a good news.

Thank You I'm Really Waiting For this Day As My Intensions where for Skype from day one im a upgrade from 770 and would buy another 800 today

Will Skype for n800 allow video calls or is it voice-only?

And, slightly OT, short of Skype, what clients can I make video calls to? I've gone n800-n800 using google talk, but I only know one other n800 owner so this is limiting ;>. I really want to make a video call to a pc/webcam. Is this an option I've missed?

Thx,
Kylo

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Canada
Originally Posted by kylog42 View Post
Will Skype for n800 allow video calls or is it voice-only?

And, slightly OT, short of Skype, what clients can I make video calls to? I've gone n800-n800 using google talk, but I only know one other n800 owner so this is limiting ;>. I really want to make a video call to a pc/webcam. Is this an option I've missed?

Thx,
Kylo
Skype? How about the dam n800 case Nokia promised? Video calling would really top off the device, I really hope they implement it.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Maine USA
Originally Posted by Nik1 View Post
Skype? How about the dam n800 case Nokia promised? Video calling would really top off the device, I really hope they implement it.
Cases and skins are already available.....go to www.boxwave.com

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I believe he meant the cover Nokia had advertised that hasn't yet become available, but your point is well taken.

And I wouldn't hold my breath for Skype. It may be out soon, but then, it may not. It'll be released when it's ready.

Last edited by Texrat; 2007-05-22 at 05:10.

Originally Posted by euchreprof View Post
My sources say June 11, 2007.
What sources would this be? I'm pretty sure that June 11 is the first day of WWDC where steve jobs is giving the keynote presentation

I'd love to believe you, but everyone these days seems to have their "sources"......do you think it's reliable?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Someone who works on the Nokia "blog relations site" commented that a Skype pr person told her that Skype was still being readied for the N800, which I was glad to hear.