Notices

Originally Posted by DaveP1 View Post
As one who has tried to use Documents to Go on a PDA, let me predict that you won't want to use any word processor extensively on the N900....I think that you will do better converting documents to PDFs and annotating them in Xournal. I use it on my N810 and it is a great way to add bits of information to big documents.
As one who's used Office Suite Professional from Mobisys for over 10 years (on Palm, then PocketPC, then Palm, now on Garnet), I have to say that I rarely use it; however, I have saved and sent many pdf's to my N810 and N900. On the other hand, Mobisys Office Suite Pro (on Garnet) is a solid office set up and much, much better than any of the offerings from Dataviz, with the exception of the fact that Mobysis Office will not handle Office 2007/2010 formats.

That said, I am a software slut and will be making a go at setting up OO on my N900 this weekend.

Its not worth the time and effort that goes into using OpenOffice on the N900 . The Office Substitutes are great ( and getting better every other week) .
GNumeric - One of the best Spreadsheet Apps that i have come across on any SmartPhone . It can handle some pretty complex xls spreadsheets without even a hiccup. supports most formats.
AbiWord : Great Docment reader and writer .
FreOffice - Has a Spreadsheet, Document Editor and Presentation Viewer/Editor . This has promise , but is very much a work in progress at the moment

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
Originally Posted by rsn View Post
AbiWord : Great Docment reader and writer .
Where did AbiWord on the N900 go?

Originally Posted by coderedcomputing View Post
Where did AbiWord on the N900 go?
its still there if i'm not mistaken???

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
oh duh, it's in dev. always seems like i have to enable that repo to get the good stuff.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
AbiWord just has this strange text prediction IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS that I can't get rid of, rendering it just utterly useless.

Man I wish we'd get anything to do basic text editing with. A little more than leafpad, but I don't think we'd need everything from Open Office either.

Just:
- Write text
- Format text (Font, fontsize, bold, italics, underline, left - centered - right)
- Bulletins
- Line spacing
- Save as .odt, .doc, .txt, .rtf

I don't think I'd personally need much more! Spellchecker yeah maybe, but that I could do with my home PC. I'd write stuff, throw it up into Dropbox and then finalize on my PC.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
This might be the wrong thread, but where can I get the best application for powerpoint and Excel 2007/2010 for my N900? I've considered the need to purchase the apps, so would appreciate some advise. Thanks.