Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
When I start version 10 holding the N900 in portrait it will be landscape, but as soon as I rotate to landscape and back to portrait it will rotate automagically.
Cool.. now if the rotate view setting is still available in menu.ini or is available somehow and if you are not in full screen mode, when you select rotate in settings it should leave the top bar so that it looks like the image I posted.

BTW, how well does traffic work?

SLN member # 009

Dears,
I'm searching GPS tool to be use in Egypt - Cairo.

I rode several pages before that someone tried it in cairo and seems that it was working fine.

Which Mobil Map I have to buy for that ? as in Sygic site, I cannot find Egypt map.

Thanks a lot for feedback.

Originally Posted by venkat_i22 View Post
Has any one from India has got sygic working..

Well I know sygic doesnot support India for Nokia N900.

By installing the app and copying the maps from other source....???

Sygic for India provides support to other GPS devices and other mobile OS with MapmyIndia.

Some one having both can try and if possible provide the mapfiles for India?

Also can some one help by telling where the map files are to be copied and its file extension....
well sygic for india on n900 is indeed available, i have been using them since the last 2 weeks or so.

email me if u need any details

Originally Posted by ahmoda View Post
This is depend on the maps not the program it self, Garmin is wonderful.

But for now Map 9 Sygic is very good really, but not in every country.

I tried in Cairo,Egypt it was too accurate and fast and wonderful, and i used in Kuwait was not accurate in many many areas.

However, I think this is because i'm using maps of 2009 as they did not release yet the 2010 middle east maps.

I believe that Map9 (Sygic) is better than Ovi maps came with N900. I'm satisfied with it.
Dear Ahmoda,

Which maps did you buy including Cairo Maps ?

I'm actually searching the map to be use in Cairo with N900

I contacted Sygic yesterday but till now no feedback from them...

br,
Cedric.

Last edited by Gaga78; 2010-07-06 at 08:25.

I'm really sorry for delaying,

I used my old map from my old Sygic on N95 and it worked.

But Sygic did not cover Giza yet unfortunately

I'm waiting their update for Middle east map for Egypt 2010 and also i heard there is an update for Mobile maps 10 very soon.

@yodude how are you managing to implement custom pois ?

for some reason these wont work in mobile maps 10 for other platforms .

is there a specific size for the .bmp files ?

both upi and bmp files are labelled correctly

upi in map folder + bmp in icon folder

the custom pois show up in the menu and can be selected ,but never show up when navigating and i think sygics own poi's are very bleak to say the least

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
what tha hell was everybody complaining about....this is the best nav system i have ever come across.

it doesnt gives me too much information like a tom tom, and fun 2 use. i love using it with my media player.....it automatically pause my music when it needs 2.......it still gives me directions while running in the background.

i like it when the man says.....'follow this route for 2 miles'.....then i just relax and drive.....i love the MPH feature......i no longer have 2 keep looking for signs.

I LOVE IT!

Originally Posted by crasbelize View Post
what tha hell was everybody complaining about....this is the best nav system i have ever come across.

it doesnt gives me too much information like a tom tom, and fun 2 use. i love using it with my media player.....it automatically pause my music when it needs 2.......it still gives me directions while running in the background.

i like it when the man says.....'follow this route for 2 miles'.....then i just relax and drive.....i love the MPH feature......i no longer have 2 keep looking for signs.

I LOVE IT!
Im sorry to say but my experience with Sygic was the total opposite this weekend. I tried using it to help navigate my way from Los Angeles CA, USA to San Diego CA, USA, which a 140 mile ride on South bound Interstate Highway 5, but instead I was given a route of 584 miles. Sygic decided I needed a scenic route and took me around in 3 different highways. Even after changing my routing preferences: fastest, economic, and shortest; it still gave me a route of 584 miles.

I have not been so disappointed in a software in such a long time. Even OVI maps gave me a more realis tic and reliable route. I've owned Garmin XT in my Nokia n82 and have never experienced such disappointment.

Sorry about my rant but unless I am a total idiot and did not set my routing correctly, I am not happy. If any of you have any suggestions, please let me know. If not, then my opinion still holds Sygic as a complete disappointment.

The Following User Says Thank You to phase315 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
why not try out maps 10? will probably show the same route. But give it a try.

Originally Posted by phase315 View Post
I tried using it to help navigate my way from Los Angeles CA, USA to San Diego CA, USA, which a 140 mile ride on South bound Interstate Highway 5, but instead I was given a route of 584 miles.
Hi,

we are sorry to hear you experience routing issues. We will investigate it in detail.

Thank you for reporting the issues.

Sygic Support.