Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
It seems my stock facebook client has stopped updating FB news feed. No matter how I try and update it, nothing shows. Other parts of the client are working - notifications, messages etc.
Have flashed as well.

Now this may quite possibly be an API change with FB but was just wondering what others are getting...

Thanks

Last edited by skyjumper; 2015-03-10 at 05:16. Reason: spelling

The Following User Says Thank You to skyjumper For This Useful Post:
I dont have this issue on my devices.

But, twitter now cant create account.
Once asked for credentials, the webpage simply doesnt direct back to application.

Same problem for FB stock app, log out multiple times to delete cache, etc, but same problem, i update and updates for a second, time of update is current time but i have no posts, dosent get any feed, i have message: NO POSTS. Waited 1 week maybe will come arround but nothing. Sad.

http://i.imgur.com/mkjZiB9.png

but i dont get any eroor, just no feed, if anyone finds a solution please advise.

Last edited by youFailed; 2015-03-10 at 19:52.

Add me to the list of people not receiving FB newsfeed. Note this is in FB itself, not on the home screen (I've set my N9 not to update the home screen with FB notifications but to do with FB messages)

It's weird isn't it !!!

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
same for me - as the news-feed in friends (both sailfish and harmattan) suffers from problems either - I think Facebook changed something on the API - friends shows only few news and doesn't update well - so another nail in the coffin :-(

could any experienced coder take over the dev of the old harmattan friends app as Sfiet stopped working on it long time ago - there is a big need for a working Facebook app now!

The Following User Says Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
So I posted a status and it showed on my FB feed on my phone!!!

Originally Posted by skyjumper View Post
So I posted a status and it showed on my FB feed on my phone!!!
It shows up in the "feed" section of the home screen, but not in the "newsfeed" section of the app.

sucks for those who do not want to clutter up the home screen with updates

It seems my stock app FB feed is working now !!!

Hello,

Since that problem has been reported, my FB stock app didn't go back to normal. So my first question is - does FB stock app really work for you guys?

I was trying to recreate my FB account few times. Every time the result is the same: I can log in, I can see my profile, I can watch other people's profiles but on the main FB screen I can see only NO POSTS. However the main FB screen fills up with posts via refreshing Events screen, unfortunately when I scroll to the end of the screen, on the bottom there's no link "load more posts..." It shows sometimes when I enter into some post and I read comments - going back to FB main screen activates "load more posts..." link.
I'm also not able to start FB chat, after the account registration and enabling "Facebook chat & contacts" a green diode starts blinking but after few seconds FB stock app asks me for the password and it keeps asking me even if I enter the right pass phrase.

I was trying (so far)
- re-register FB account
- reinstall facebook-meego and facebook .deb packages
but with no result.

My questions are:
- does it have something to do with facebook cache? How to clean it up?
- is it related somehow to tracker db? Should I do "tracker-control --hard-reset" ?
- should I reinstall or clean up something related to events or feeds? How to do that?