Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
While they may not be able to configure WiFi, bluetooth etc, Definately they can use WiFi and cellular data.

Bluetooth i didnt test.
Yes that I had noticed. But some of these apps are not that clever to realise I have already connected to the device outside the app! Not that that is particularly a clever thing!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to datman For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by datman View Post
Yes that I had noticed. But some of these apps are not that clever to realise I have already connected to the device outside the app! Not that that is particularly a clever thing!
Heh, you are talking about Android apps here, and mention "clever" in the same sentence

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Is this the kernel source for the XZ2 Compact?
https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/device-sony-tama
https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/device-sony-apollo

Then why it's missing from this list?
https://developer.sony.com/develop/o...functionality/

Jolla, please, please, please make it your next device. It's 65 mm wide!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
After a week on Sailfish X latest edition:

Impressed:

-refreshing display quality.
-smooth Sailing fish compared to sluggish stock Android 8.0
-battery life when mobile hotspot enabled
-Camera picture quality. Not so sharp but plenty of detail and good colors.Better than expected.
-speed of everything even though resources are sucked for Android virtual machine
-call quality
-price paid for the whole set: 50 USD for Sailfish and 80 Euro for the phone.

-not impressed:

Sailfish 2.0 design choices:
-row of main icons (phone, contacts, messages) jumps to top row, why?
-minimized apps, press icons: used to be swipe now press: result: too many false presses (ok I am pressing it in wrong area but.. once learned swipe is preferable, why not make option for both)
-profiles take way to prominent place, should be giving place to more useful action
etc..
-Interface summarized: not as intuitive as Nokia 9 Harmattan interface, too many moves required this makes itsself feel in busy situations where useless circling around is often a result.

-unlocking phone is a hassle: no double tap, fingerprint sensor does not work (registering fingerprints works somewhat, unlocking not, might be hardware issue)

-keyboard key placement: types "." instead of "space" between every word

Essential telecom features missing:

-Wire messenger Android does not work (hope to see this fixed with Sailfish 3 android upgrade - please Jolla get your act together suck some fund from Europe to integrate services such as this and fight back)
-no integrated SIP account, how is this even possible?

-SD card 32GB format to EXT4 in device menu does not work

Native apps wearing thin:
-Cutespot no longer maintained
-No Firefox after all this time?

OK and so so:

-at least I can listen music / call with my BT Senheisser Momentum headphones. But more easy to distort than other modern phones.

I like he device form factor (within the dislike of the obligatory candy bar concept of phone), the OS, waited a while to get Sailfish X issues sorted out, only to find now core features are still missing.

So still waiting more since 2010 on something really exciting to come into realization.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
@ste-phan
Thanks for your detailed post. Note that for me:
- fingerprint works ok to unlock the device even if sometimes it takes time to have it working properly + it works only if you have first clicked and swiped once which is not great
- I have a microSD card 128GB using EXT4 that works perfectly fine
- Firefox is underneath the Sailfishos web browser but the engine lags behind the latest firefox. Otherwise you have to use the android version of Firefox (which works perfectly fine). And you can use also some other natives web browser in SFOS such as webcat (webkit-based).
- not working double tap is unfortunate but it can work in other devices under SFOS as you probably know (there is a sort of hardware issue - or at least not compatible with current software - with Xperia X afaik)
- SIP account. The software is in place. It is mainly a problem of proper integration in UI and more testing. I believe someone already could have it working without too much hassle (check maybe https://sailfishmods.de/)

Hope it helps

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
@ste-phan
- I have a microSD card 128GB using EXT4 that works perfectly fine
How you get work sd ext4 on xperia x?
I am not using sd card on my device because is not supporting ext4 partially, vfat not make sense.

Last edited by karlos devel; 2018-07-10 at 16:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
- not working double tap is unfortunate but it can work in other devices under SFOS as you probably know (there is a sort of hardware issue - or at least not compatible with current software - with Xperia X afaik)
Whaddya mean wake-on-doubletap does not work?
I've had XperiaX from the day it launched and it has worked on all SW versions...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
How you get work sd ext4 on xperia x?
I am not using sd card on my device because is not supporting ext4 partially, vfat not make sense.
huh, of course ext4 works on XperiaX...

Code:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ 
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ mount | grep mmcblk1
/dev/mmcblk1p1 on /run/media/nemo/c59991d9-651d-494b-8315-cde27294d82f type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,data=ordered,uhelper=udisks2)
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ 
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ version 
Sailfish OS 2.2.0.29 (Mouhijoki)
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
huh, of course ext4 works on XperiaX...

Code:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ 
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ mount | grep mmcblk1
/dev/mmcblk1p1 on /run/media/nemo/c59991d9-651d-494b-8315-cde27294d82f type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,data=ordered,uhelper=udisks2)
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ 
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ version 
Sailfish OS 2.2.0.29 (Mouhijoki)
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$
Then why is not worked on my side? how many GB in ur sd card? what brand sd card? from what sailfish version are using ext4?. you did some hack?
Other user here using ext4 in xperia x?

Last edited by karlos devel; 2018-07-10 at 18:11.

The master of Files-Systems @olf can you too confirm this?

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x