Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
yes. You can Google "Gizmo Voice", which is the term used for this combination, to learn more.

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Canada
hey ive logged into the default sip and it shows enabled... (Acount 1)

I'm on my computer running gizmo on a different account, and account 1 does Not appear online,

and I can't get the contacts loaded from my gizmo account.

If I try to phone account 1 (on the n900) it rings, but no audio get's transmitted or received.

Any ideas on what im doing wrong ?

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Sigh. I wish I could have those four hours of my life back.

I have no idea what's wrong with my N900, but Gizmo just won't work. It'll work on Kphone, Ekiga, any other SIP program I try -- but not on my N900. Pretty much no matter what crazy or insane combination of options I use. I've even changed my password in case the N900 was choking on that without luck.

*edit* I *was* able to set up Gizmo to forward to Skype automatically with success. To Google Talk worked but no sound on the other end.

Last edited by ldrn; 2009-12-09 at 05:00.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
you may have mic issues. can you make a cellular call? or record anything?

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
I'm trying to add my work sip account. But I can't get it to work. I could do it for the N95 though.

The server platform is broadworks and I have no influence there as it's a service from the telco.

Anyone have any pointers?

my remaining gizmo credit was cancelled last week (it expires after one year if you forget to add to it before then, so mark that in your calendars!), and since i bought new credit this week i've been unable to call out through the gvoice website using gizmo as callback #, which worked great until last week.
none of my own settings were changed.
edit: thanks to jiiv, in another thread, i found out that calls from the regular gv website currently still ring gizmo, while calls from the gv mobile site, which i had been using, don't.

Last edited by wesgreen; 2009-12-10 at 04:09.

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
you may have mic issues. can you make a cellular call? or record anything?
Good thought -- and very worrying! I tried the voice recorder app, though, and it worked swimmingly.

Now I am thinking it might be something to do with Nokia's SIP on Maemo and Gizmo and my local network; I'll give it a shot at a friend's place and see if there's any more luck.

*edit* Okay -- taking Sjgadsby's step by step advice, it'll work when on T-Mobile's data network (at least, it connects, haven't tried a call yet), so it must have been something at my home network. I'll poke around at the ports later and post if I figure it out.

*edit 2* It *was* my home network -- the *modem* my ISP gave me, not the router, had something called "SIP ALG" enabled. From what I can tell googling quickly, this is supposed to make SIP work better... but is often very buggy or just plain wrong, which explains why the more robust desktop based apps might be able to work through it (although Kphone had no audio out) while my N900 wasn't.

I turned it off and now my N900 is working beautifully with Gizmo SIP.

Last edited by ldrn; 2009-12-11 at 06:01. Reason: found the problem

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ldrn For This Useful Post:
any body know the settings for Broadvoice and the N900?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
hey guys

I try to log in to SIP Gizmo account but everytime I do that it freezes my WiFi connection so I have to reload my router and it doesn't log in. What is going on?

kriss

i had the same problem. i had to uninstall gizmo to get the tablet working again. would love to reinstall it and use it since i have about $9 credit left!