Notices

There was nothing to report since there was no .dropn900 directory at all Maybe you're missing the directory creation step?

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Great app. One of the most useful on the N900 for me
Well done jonnenau - keep up the great work.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by alexmuntada View Post
There was nothing to report since there was no .dropn900 directory at all Maybe you're missing the directory creation step?
Right. It's checked on every startup, but if the creation fails im not sure what I can do. Now am not assuming access rights anymore. I think you had USB connected and mass storage mode enabled? This would make /user/home/MyDocs unavailable and you could not create the folder of anything else.

Try to remember and report back, if its so I can easily fix this. Well I can try it out myself too. Fix would be to recognize the fail and skip config reading and show a note to restart with usb disconnected

Skip that... Must be tired, its /home/user/.dropn900 and it is available when on mass storage mode :P

Last edited by jonnenau; 2010-07-30 at 21:27.

Originally Posted by alexmuntada View Post
Okay, i got it: i had to create /home/user/.dropn900 manually and now it starts fine.
I had the same problem.

Originally Posted by tnhh View Post
I had the same problem.
Alright, thats it! This just went on top of the task list /me fixes bug...

Edit: Found it, that was easy. Got the same bug with removing .dropn900 folder. I try to read the config before the dirs are checked Pushing fix soon!

Last edited by jonnenau; 2010-07-30 at 21:36.

Ive been looking at this thread since the beginning and i think i will try it out this weekend. Its a great app i hope dropbox hires you to make it the official app.

dropn900-0.1.2-2 now available as a download/update!
  • Fixed fatal bug: app crashed and burned on start up for users that did not have /home/user/.dropn900 config dir.

I've installed this, still haven't used it yet since I'm installing a clean OS on all my PCs, but a question.

Is there functionality for DropBox to sync ONLY when on Wifi; and/or on start of Wifi connection? - Answered, looked at a few images.

Can your application be setup to sync user selected folders on specific WiFi connections, say work, home, etc?

Last edited by Inacurate; 2010-07-31 at 00:02.

I want to sync all of my photos i take so when i take them they are automatically in dropbox. How would I set this up? I want to do the same with music.

The Following User Says Thank You to dyce For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Inacurate View Post
... Can your application be setup to sync user selected folders on specific WiFi connections, say work, home, etc?
You cannot specify on what wlan connections you sync. Can you tell me why would you like this. As you presently always explicitly press "Sync now" you always make the choice to sync yourself and should know if you are at "work" or "home" when you click that button If I some day make the automatic syncing then this feature would be very handy.

Originally Posted by dyce View Post
I want to sync all of my photos i take so when i take them they are automatically in dropbox. How would I set this up? I want to do the same with music.
I think what you want is to sync /home/user/.camera into dropbox? Presently (as have said multiple times) there is no upload sync yet. But its coming. Actually this camera thing would be one nice feature too. To sync taken photos upstream into DropBox/DropN900/Photos for example. One good example what would be a upload sync folder only.

If you want your music to dropbox then upload it to there? Then login with dropn900, travel to you music location in the tree view, open setttings, from bottom select your music path to be synced. Click save and from main menu hit Synchronize. Should do it If you want your music automatically from your phone to dropbox youll have to upload them one by one (still no upload sync )