Active Topics

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Yeah man I'm in ASIA-Pacific lol.. Beside I'm Asian So i can make fun of ASIAN without being called Racist hahahah. Just like negros and whities. lol

Asian don't really have racism lol.. Somehow we dont hahah
well, careful man. you'll be kicked in the a*s by your own people. ahahah.

regarding the topic, just estimate the prod capacity of nokia. I think there'll be a few hundred thousand devices shipped.

Originally Posted by Carl Ed View Post
BLT is a wholesaler, not just a retailer. Some (possibly even most) of those units will be for stores, not consumers.
i'm still suspicious of a company with 5 employees and annual sales of 2.5 million a year to have already received over $9 million in sales from this one product. i don't see anything on their site for stores or retailers to buy anything at wholesale prices..unless their wholesale price is the $600 tag that's higher than everyone else who is selling the n900.

i guess though if their numbers are true, then its going to be a banner year for them thanks to the n900.

Last edited by bmac; 2009-11-30 at 14:44.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
NOKIA MOBILE DEVICE VOLUME BY GEOGRAPHIC AREA Q3/2009
Europe 27.1 million units
Middle East & Africa 19.6 million units
Greater China 18.5 million units
Asia-Pacific 30.5 million units
North America 3.1 million units
Latin America 9.7 million units
Ok, so which genius thought that Asia wasn't a developed market and the N900 should just skip Asia?

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Yeah man I'm in ASIA-Pacific lol.. Beside I'm Asian So i can make fun of ASIAN without being called Racist hahahah. Just like negros and whities. lol

Asian don't really have racism lol.. Somehow we dont hahah
That's because Asians are racist to each other based on ethnicity (at least the ones I've noticed). Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese, they all insult each other.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I remember I was in the Philippines/Thailand (Asia-Pacific) a few years ago, and the top of the line Nokia and SE were regarded as the best mobiles. This is anecdotal, and based on the people/shops I encountered.

However, I've always had a feeling that most people thought Nokia was Japanese. のきあ・ノキア. It sound Japanese phonetically.... at least. Maybe its just me.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
I agree with dgeros, sure you see iPhones and Motos around, but the vast majority of the phones are either Nokia or Sony Erricson. But now a lot of Chinese brands are becoming common place and Samsung is catching up as well. I still see strong growth for Nokia devices, for some reason people are willing to spend $500 for a E72 where I live.