Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Installed CSSU 16, didn't mess with transitions.ini.

Then updated to newest CSSU Features Configuration released today but I have this error:

"Reading the configuration file settings gave a FATAL ERROR while loading..."

Maybe, the CSSU update didn't triggered the newest entries for settings and now CSSU Configurator can't read it.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ malaysia
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
just copy-paste the code Saturn gave. it fixed mine. i also have theme customizer installed.
hmm still getting fatal error..any file needed to copy to theme customizer folder?

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
For those having FATAL ERROR when starting CSSU Features from PowerKey Menu here's the fix.

The problem is that if you are using a custom transition.ini and rejecting the transitions update that comes with (every) CSSU, some lines are missing in the [thp_tweaks] section.
CSSU misses the new lines that ship with the update and gives FATAL ERROR message...

FIX

Just open your custom transitions.ini in /usr/share/hildon-desktop and or /usr/share/themes/<your theme name> and scroll down to [thp_tweaks]
then add/replace with
Code:
blurless=0
blurless_saturation=0
taskswitcher=0
zaxisrotation=0
forcerotation=0
tactilepopups=0
blacklist=
If there are still problems backup and then delete the transitions.ini in your theme folder and disable "use custom (fast) window transitions" in Theme Customizer then try again.

EDIT: When using transitions.ini from theme folder you need to add the lines to both files (/usr/share/hildon-desktop and /usr/share/theme/<your theme name>) so that both files are having all the new options.

Cheers,

J4ZZ

Last edited by J4ZZ; 2011-09-08 at 10:29.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ malaysia
excellent this has solved the problem. changed only the hildon-desktop transitions.ini

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Just updated CSSU to 6.5 and simultaneously CSSU Features Configuration to latest version. Right after installing went to Theme Customizer, switched off custom transitions, went to CSSU config and it started without error. All settings were there (blurless saturation, desktop scroll) and I activated vertical desktop scroll.
All went fine but after rebooting I didn't find a way to scroll desktop vertically. It still only scrolls horizontally. Do I miss something?

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
OK, I've found that my problem was a themed transitions.ini file in /etc/hildon-desktop, probably created by Theme Customizer.

Too many ways to manipulate transitions.ini...

Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
After installing the new update here is what i'm facing:

Code:
Reading the configuration settings gave a FATAL ERROR while loading. Not all the settings are available.

Exiting..
Also can you add option to blacklist apps to stay in landscape mode??
facing the exactly problems like you.
no clue to fix it.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Al Quds, Isawiya
The vertical desktop scrolling doesnt seem to work for me.
plz help

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by N900L View Post
The vertical desktop scrolling doesnt seem to work for me.
plz help
needs to kill the desktop or reboot first.
it's one of these options that dont get forced straight away.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by locolyric View Post
facing the exactly problems like you.
no clue to fix it.
How about reading 4 posts above yours?

Cheers