Originally Posted by Estel View Post
//Edit
Pali, I'll try to compile fCam against actual kp headers - in meantime, should't it refuse to work at all, if module fail? After normal boot, fCam (program) works flawlessly. What exactly this module is responsible for?
No idea, I'm not using fcam.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
But then, are FCam drivers working with KP49?

For me applications like BlessN900 (or ABetterCamera) and FCamera are killer features I can't live with.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
i am noob and i have just updated my KP48 to KP49. my question is, Is KP49 more stable than previous KP48? i don't want to be in trouble or messing up anything.which is suitable for me (i use only when i need BIG multitasking & rarely when i use PSX4M)

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

@freemangordon:

Now KP v49 is stable, what about start porting upstream Linux 3.x or Meego n900 kernel for Maemo?

A lot of n900 drivers are upstreamed, see http://elektranox.org/n900/kernel/status.html

And Meego n900 kernel should have all drivers included, see https://meego.gitorious.org/meego-de...on/n900_kernel

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
kp 49 is very laggy even after overclocked to 900. kp47 was very smooth at 750.
BACKUPMENU

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Does mbarcode use the fcam driver btw? Because it doesn't work for ages... (framerate visible, but only black frame)

Whenever i try to update KPv49 in app manager... it says

Code:
Unable to update 'Linux for Power user ( boot image for multiboot)'
confilct with application packages: Linux kernel for power user (1:2.6.28-10power48)
I installed nitdroid also..

So how can i solve this ?

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Does mbarcode use the fcam driver btw? Because it doesn't work for ages... (framerate visible, but only black frame)
Mbarcode is using stock camera drivers and should work fine. Anyway, I'm still reluctant to update to KP49 as I'm now confused about BlessN900 and FCam support.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
It's the background cpu chatter thats killing it for me, I never did find out what was causing it in kp47, earlier versions were perfect almost a flat line on the battery meter, kp48 was also perfect.

kp49 has reintroduced the constant background chatter.
And here is a tale illustrating how complex these multi-variate devices can be: I reflashed everything and with a few progs installed BUT without re-installing CSSU or KP I have ....... a loquacious CPU, as visible in battery graph.

This is not helpful in solving but it goes to show that KP is not always the culprit.... But if it varies from one version to the next then it may well be the case.

Last edited by handaxe; 2011-11-21 at 14:28.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Mbarcode is using stock camera drivers and should work fine. Anyway, I'm still reluctant to update to KP49 as I'm now confused about BlessN900 and FCam support.
I have just updated to KP49. Remarkably bless/fcam/mbarcode all still work.

edit: and injection as well so it would seem.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou