Active Topics

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
imho btrfs is just because of qualcomm architecture
no, it was a conscious design decision. and maybe one that wasn't considered as much as it ought to have been, but well, hindsight makes things like that a lot easier

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
If you are on a recent enough Sailfish version, you can try playing with the btrfs-balancer command, e.g. "btrfs-balancer balance" (as root...).

Otherwise, look up the older balancing instructions in jollatogether.

Please note that btrfs is worse than ext4 in almost any benchmark, and I would even say has a more stupid design, save for precisely the features you don't want (subvolumes, snapshotting, CoW). _Specially_ the completely broken version that is shipped on the Jolla kernel. Therefore, maybe you want a ext4 formatted SD card...
cannot agree this more, my phone was bricked while i was doing manual balancing just last month :S

The Following User Says Thank You to Jeffrey04 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 178 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Mira (Venice) - Italy
Hey is there a way to balance without "btrfs-balancer", "btrfs" command already has a "balance" command but I do not how use it properly...

Maybe "btrfs balance start /" ????

Can someone help me?

they switched to a number of bleeding edge things that mostly worked out, theres no issues with systemd or wayland, btrfs was another one of those choices which maybe didnt work out as well as intended but as w00t says, hindsight is 20/20.

The Following User Says Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Vento View Post
Hey is there a way to balance without "btrfs-balancer", "btrfs" command already has a "balance" command but I do not how use it properly...

Maybe "btrfs balance start /" ????

Can someone help me?
It's
Code:
btrfs balance start -dusage=X /
where X is a value between 0 and 100.

btrfs-balancer is using the same command, with several runs with a rising value for X.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post: