Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Lahore, Pakistan.
hello friends,
i had installed nitdroid without flashing the modded 8GB partition which was recommended on the wiki. the sim functions are limited in nitdroid as i can't use internet using nitdroid. can not make or receive a call also can not send or receive sms . device is much slower. nitdroid was good at first but after that i m facing problems such as while i m in maemo mode the fone is not charging with the nokia charger but when i connect it to my pc it starts charging the fone. second thing is that the touchscreen is working partly . some portion of the touchscreen works and some not . now i want to reflash and bring my n900 to factory state . i just want to ask a question from all the experienced users that if i flash the fiasco and emmc , will it result in a broken emmc? (due to installing nitdroid without flashing the recommended emmc) . pls help as soon as possible . i have everything ready on my pc for flashing , just waiting for a green signal from the community . thanks

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
no. if you flash your phone correctly there will be no chance that you will get a broken emmc because you have installed Nitdroid.

and if you want to use internet via your cellular network and you Nitdroid is not picking up your sim then remove PIN code on your SIM in Maemo and then boot into Nitdroid. everything will work (sms, internet, except calls). good luck.

edit: dont know about your touchscreen problem and for Charging maybe your microUSB port is now giving up.

Last edited by panjgoori; 2012-04-29 at 11:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
no. if you flash your phone correctly there will be no chance that you will get a broken emmc because you have installed Nitdroid.

and if you want to use internet via your cellular network and you Nitdroid is not picking up your sim then remove PIN code on your SIM in Maemo and then boot into Nitdroid. everything will work (sms, internet, except calls). good luck.

edit: dont know about your touchscreen problem and for Charging maybe your microUSB port is now giving up.
hi panjgoori and all power users. I reflashed my n900 3 weeks ago . So now let me tell u the story . First i downloaded the two needed files
1. Latest vanilla for middle east because Middle east is written on the box of my device (RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.003_PR_COMBINED_003_ARM.bin)
2. Latest emmc (RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin) after that i reflashed the fiasco first without restarting and it reflashed successfully then i executed the command for reflashing the emmc but the emmc reflashing stopped at 20% while the five dots on the screen freezed.
I gave it some minutes to happen something so that the reflashing may proceed further but nothing happen . So i tried 3 times executing the flashing command but it alway stopped at 20 percent . So i disconnect the device from usb put out the battery from the device and then again placed it into the device and restarted manually .
The device did restarted and the OS was new ofcourse . I updated via HAM and also xterm. Everything was working ok except the charging . So i reflashed the fiasco againafter a few days later but this time only th fiaco with the -R parameter.
Its been a month now and The device is working fine but still i have to charge it via the usb . Whenever i plug in the wall charger it doesnt recognise it (maybe your point is right , the usb port is giving up) and somehow if i manage to get it charging using the wall charger a dim red LED light
blinks fast and after 10 or 15 minutes the battery drains instantly within seconds .
(Please note that this USB/wall charging problem appeared after the first reflashing) and yes one more thing i had also cssu stable with nitdroid before re-flashing.

Sorry, but I have to ask...

As this charges via USB and not the wall charger, have you tried using a different wall charger?

I understand that this symptom may have occurred after you reflashed you device, but it might be worth testing this in the process of elimination. It may save you a lot of time later

Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Sorry, but I have to ask...

As this charges via USB and not the wall charger, have you tried using a different wall charger?

I understand that this symptom may have occurred after you reflashed you device, but it might be worth testing this in the process of elimination. It may save you a lot of time later
no i haven't tried any other charger but tried this wall charger on other devices such as samsung galaxy Y and it works extremely fine.
about my wall charger i think i need to tell that if placed and plugged in a certain position with the usb port it does recognise the charger and starts charging the device but what happens next is that after about 10 to 20 minutes the battery suddenly drains the whole charging (assume that if i have a fully charged batterry) .
the same thing happens with the usb wire as i have to place and plug it in a certain position but the benifit it gives me is that it charges the device to full level .... u know it takes a lot time
so i want the wall charger to charge the battery whether the usb port is loose or broken , because the usb wire works.

really....... no one here who knows a fix for my problem ?